No sound going thru on calls.

danny1228

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and maybe can point me in the right direction to fix this. Recently my Droid x has been glitching when it comes to receiving calls. I can hear the person that calls me but they can't hear me. And my speach to text feature doesn't work either. Only way I can talk on calls is thru speaker or a headset. Not sure if this a software glitch or my reciever has gone bad? Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like it is a mic issue, specifically the one on the bottom front. You say that everything works when the phone is in speaker mode, that uses the two other mics to process your voice. It doesn't work when you are not in speaker phone mode, that only uses the front bottom mic for your voice (I think the other two are used for noise cancelation of background sound).

I was going to suggest to use the *228 roaming update, but since you said this also happens with speech to text and doesn't happen on speaker phone, it can't be that.

Take it into a Verizon store, this is most likely a hardware failure.

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and maybe can point me in the right direction to fix this. Recently my Droid x has been glitching when it comes to receiving calls. I can hear the person that calls me but they can't hear me. And my speach to text feature doesn't work either. Only way I can talk on calls is thru speaker or a headset. Not sure if this a software glitch or my reciever has gone bad? Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I had same problem... look in this thread http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...-problem-phone-rings-caller-cant-hear-me.html

After I returned my DX others responded with a possible solution. These posts are at the end of the linked thread. Good Luck

Last edited:

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen 2-3 times, but have not seen it in the past couple months. Not sure what causes it or how to fix. Since it does not happen on a regular basis or with any particular set of circumstances that I can track, it is very hard to troubleshoot. I know how frustrating it is when it happens though! Rebooting the phone solves it temporarily.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had a similar problem where when I make phone calls, I can't hear anything. Only fix is to do a battery pull.

This has happened to me a few times. I receive or make a call and I don't hear ANYTHING at all. They can hear me just fine. Actually just happened on Monday...after my phone had randomly rebooted earlier that day. All I do is reboot and it works again, but I would really like this to stop happening...it's very annoying.

I love everything about this phone besides some of the stupid glitches like this.

topgunz1

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me a few weeks ago for almost a full day, I could talk and be heard on speaker phone but not normally, after several battery pulls and reboots I went to Verizon and they ordered me a replacement phone. It started working right the next day but I went ahead and swapped it anyway. I use my phone a lot for work and discuss some pretty personal things, can't have it stuck on speaker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan