Camcorder question

spdrcr5

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have done some searching and can't find what I am looking for.

I have had my X for a few weeks and am really getting to know it and enjoy it. I have an 11 month old and she is very curious about electronics, so anytime we take a pic or vid of her she rushes right over to us to play with the camera, phone, etc. My Canon VidCam is quiet and I can easily record her without her knowing... but I can't do that with X... it beeps every single time you begin recording! Does anyone know how I can possibly turn off the beep when using the camcorder? I know when using the camera itself the beep is for autofocus... but the camcorder doesn't autofocus the same way.

Thanks! This will allow me to capture more video and easily upload for family to see.

Larry

spdrcr5

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
In the camcorder app...... go into settings and turn off the shutter sound. Same for the camera.

If it were only that simple... I went through every setting and never saw anything about the shutter sound, which is why i posted the question.

All I am seeing under Settings are as follows:

Pic Resolution
Vid Resolution
Quick upload album
Review Time
Face Detection
ISO equivalent sensitivity
Exposure
Shutter Animation

None of those list anything about the beep. :(

Thanks

Larry

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay here's what I found that people are doing. I guess the DX doesn't have an option to turn off the sound to the shutter....strange. This works if you're interested in doing it every time you use the cameras.
Go to the Market and seach for AudioManager
When you open the program you will have 6 volume options
Alarm Vol
Music Vol
Alerts Vol
Ringer Vol
System Vol
Voice call Vol
If you turn the system volume down and the alert volume down you will not hear the shutter for the camera or camcorder.

spdrcr5

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! That did it! Just needed to drop the System Vol down to 5 or 6 out of 15 and it worked. I will test it out tomorrow when she's awake.

I guess the TBolt has the option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae