wake up without the slide

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind touching the power button (or home) to wake up the X. The slide after the power button seems superfluous. Is there a setting or app that will eliminate the slide? I'd like to go from the power button back to wherever I left off.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
+1 on NoLock but keep in mind that disabling it will make it easy to accidentally trigger something on device in a case or pocket. So keep in mind that this feature does have its reason for being there..

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Perfect! With the hard buttons on the X, I don't think it will be a problem. I could see on devices with a light touch switch on the home screen it would be different.

croldan72

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Perfect! With the hard buttons on the X, I don't think it will be a problem. I could see on devices with a light touch switch on the home screen it would be different.

I use NoLock and it works great. I don't like using the slide to unlock feature. NoLock works even after a reboot. However, as others have said, it's still very easy to inadvertently do something to your phone because it is always unlocked. I find that putting my phone into and out of my belt holster triggers the screen to come on at times. Other times I hit the volume keys in while in the holster. Same with putting the phone into a pocket.

To keep prying eyes away, I use NoLock and an app called Application Protection to set a password on individual apps I choose.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I still use screen mode widget...it does exactly that for me and gives a keep screen awake option for when I need it.

jdinero2010

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a way to wake up the phone without using the power button. the case i bought is making pressing the power button very hard so i want to use the volumn or something else, but i sont want to lose the screenlock function.

anyone have an app for that? I know nolock will do it, but it doesnt lock the screen anymore from what i have read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech