Metal case for Droid X?

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for something to keep it in when I'm not using it to keep it safe. I want a case that will cover the entire phone. I'm just worried that I will break my phone at work.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for something to keep it in when I'm not using it to keep it safe. I want a case that will cover the entire phone. I'm just worried that I will break my phone at work.

That's a pretty hardcore request, mind me asking what you do for a living that you need a solid metal case to protect your phone when not in use?

Otterbox makes a small, suitcase like well.. suitcase made from metal that is also waterproof. I think you'd have to work for the bomb squad to need a case like that but it sounds like what you're looking for. If I may make a suggestion the otterbox defender case is robust to say the least and is up to the task of protecting your phone in the harshest of enviorments. You might want to give it a look see.

DROID X by Motorola Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

I have an otterbox commuter that I use and its more than enough for my everyday endeavors.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys have lockers there? You might just want to keep it in your locker or even in your car under the seat away from direct sunlight. Then you can head over to the car and check it during your breaks/lunch.

I was extremely protective of my phone when I first got it straight OCD style lol, but after a few months of owning it I don't even use a case with it now and find it kinda silly I was so protective about it in the first place.

mediq91

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Get a Otter Box Defender. I used to do cnc punch press work and manage at a mcdonalds with my original droids. Destroyed a few then got an otterbox and it did just fine.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea Otterbox is awesome but they do take a bit of time to release their cases, it was about 4-5 mo. or so after the DX came out that they finally released an otterbox case for it.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I?m not sure how well a metal case will take abuse. Metals are malleable, meaning the can bend, fold, and deform rather easily. Plastic cases aren?t malleable and will not easily bend or fold. Plastic cases also usually come with a silicone layer, which will greatly increase the impact shock absorption of the case.

The Trident Kraken case is by far the best:
Ultra-Durable Phone and iPad Cases Offer Unsurpassed Protection, Ergonomic Design and Striking Style

Or if you want to have your phone completely encapsulated, then try a Pelican i1015 case:
Pelican i1015 iPhone / Smart Phone Micro Case - Clear from Pelican-Case.com

The i1015 might not fit the X with the supplied 3.5mm jack adaptor attached, but there are other cases that definitely have enough room for the entire Droid X.

ttrout77

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I?m not sure how well a metal case will take abuse. Metals are malleable, meaning the can bend, fold, and deform rather easily. Plastic cases aren?t malleable and will not easily bend or fold. Plastic cases also usually come with a silicone layer, which will greatly increase the impact shock absorption of the case.

The Trident Kraken case is by far the best:
Ultra-Durable Phone and iPad Cases Offer Unsurpassed Protection, Ergonomic Design and Striking Style

Or if you want to have your phone completely encapsulated, then try a Pelican i1015 case:
Pelican i1015 iPhone / Smart Phone Micro Case - Clear from Pelican-Case.com

The i1015 might not fit the X with the supplied 3.5mm jack adaptor attached, but there are other cases that definitely have enough room for the entire Droid X.

Will the Kraken case fit the DX with an Extended BAttery?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the Trident Kraken will fit over an extended battery. I have one and the inner case is hard plastic - not the least flexible. The outer layer is the rubberized stuff.

There has been a case listed as outstanding in the forums, but it's not available (at least as far as I can tell). It's called the Superior Dual Cover (skew: MOTODRDXHGCOVB) If anyone finds out where/how to get one of these, please post.

I checked with my local Vz store and they said it was a limited production and they only got two - which were, of course, gone. It apparently has a firm shell with a clear, flexible back that will accommodate the extended battery. Do a search and read what the other say on this (there's a pix, too). Wish it were available SOMEWHERE!

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I would not recommend a metal case. I had an aluminum one for an old moto Q and it just about completely had no signal. Wasted about $15 on it :( Looked pretty though :) If your heart is set on metal, I would go with Finsol's recommendation on a locker :p

zoa

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of the silver Monaco metal cases.
It's not all that bad of a case.
I just don't like how far the hinge and the clasp sticks out from the case.
You can bend the clasp in so it makes it harder to open.
I may just sell it and keep looking for one I'm happy with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza