Rebooting issues

markkitos

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their X rebooting??
My phone is just randomly rebooting itself....like every 10-15 minutes or so.....just sitting on a table & it will reboot.....not a thing touching it.......also will be turned on.....can see the little grren notification light blinking, screen is turned off, go to unlock screen and the phone is frozen....have to take battery out to get it back on

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you have ATK or Launcher Pro on your phone, try deleting them and see if that fixes it. Both can cause issues...ATK because it's a very bad idea on the newer phones and Launcher Pro seems to have developed an issue on selective X's running Froyo. It's likely a conflict with some other app that gets updated, and then, WHAMO...reboots.

I didn't mention the obvious, did you download anything new recently (if so, delete it)?

alpsig

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
@greydarrah, I got a Droid X today. I will be activating it tonight. One of the first apps I was going to install was ATK. Why is ATK a bad idea? I have a co-worker who got his X over the summer and he uses that app with no issues. I am just curious as to what you are saying the problem is? Thanks!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
@greydarrah, I got a Droid X today. I will be activating it tonight. One of the first apps I was going to install was ATK. Why is ATK a bad idea? I have a co-worker who got his X over the summer and he uses that app with no issues. I am just curious as to what you are saying the problem is? Thanks!

There are numerous threads that discuss the problems of ATK on new phones, so I wont try to re-write them. Basically, ATK was great on older OS's where the OS itself did not do a great job of managing memory, as well as the phones themselves having less resources to spread around. With new phones running new OS's, ATK is constantly trying to close things the phones needs/wants running. It creates endless loops of apps be started and shut down. At best it drains the battery, at worst you get reboots and lockups, and lagging. I would guess there are over 500 threads here of phones that were fixed by deleting ATK. Don't listen to your friend.

Congrats on the new phone. You'll love it.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I too listened to a friend who has a Droid X, and he said to download ATK. Then after I started reading this forum, I learned quickly that it causes more problems then it fixes. If you don't want something running in the background (ie. Google Maps) just go close the application through the settings.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I too listened to a friend who has a Droid X, and he said to download ATK. Then after I started reading this forum, I learned quickly that it causes more problems then it fixes. If you don't want something running in the background (ie. Google Maps) just go close the application through the settings.

Yes, but for the most part, these apps not actually running, they just have memory handles left so that if you call it up again, it gets running faster. Phones like the X, and most of the other new phones, have so much memory available, that it's unaffected. This is NOT a blackberry.

markkitos

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
thanks guys but........
I bought the phone from a friend...completely wiped & reset....he told me before buying that it was doing this but it was so cheap just had to buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol