Horrible speaker placement

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else think the speaker is in a horrible spot being on the back? When watching movies the sound goes the other way I have to "cup" it in my hand to have the sound come forward.

The biggest issue is if I sit my phone down on bed, couch or chair and it rings or alerts you can't hear it. I know it sounds silly but putting my phone down on bed it speakerphone is useless because you can't hear anyone.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the speaker is in a bad place but I never had any issue hearing my ringers or videos so far... I did before 2.2 update because the software bug but after update its been all good for me.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 on speaker placement and also mic placement.

A lot of cases muffle the mic on the back side (there are three mics - front, back and top for noise cancelling, I understand). If I take the case off mid-speakerphone conversation, callers consistently say there is a considerable improvement in my voice clarity. It's not restricted to just one case, either. I have several different brands and they all seem to do this.

BTW, at night, I place my X on its charger, face down inside a clean, dry (of course) washcloth to keep its flashing light from illuminating the room. This allows the speaker to be heard, as well.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
extended batteries will increase the distance between surface and phone. I hear all my alarms great even when the phone is face up laid down. Although I use the Ultra Voltage 1 track from my Zedge app as my alarm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt