Better battery with Rooted Phone

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I just received a phone from a friend and it is rooted. What can I do to improve battery life? Please advise how as well
thanks

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
spend 25$ on a aftermarket gorillagadgets battery from gorillagadgets.com I can attest it lasts alot longer and performs better under light or heavy loads. Oh and put brightness on auto

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
if it's already rooted, check out some of the different ROMs. They normally give you better battery life. I, personally, am using Apex, and battery life is much improved over stock. GummyJAR and Liberty also both gave me better battery life as compared to stock.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Look at an ap called SetCPU. It lets you set up profiles for your CPU under different conditions. You can set to be at 300 mhz when the screen is off, as well as dial down the CPU when your battery starts to get low (like 700 mhz at 40% and 500 mhz at 20%). It will really stretch out your battery life. I go bed around mid night and almost always have between 40% and 60% left.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't buy any batteries except from Motorola. Most aftermarket batteries are junk.

Download and buy Titanium Back Up. Freeze all bloatware-Blockbuster, etc.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
A custom Rom will give you the biggest gain in battery life as they remove most of the bloat that came ont he phone, some are even blurless with even less filler. For a new user I'd recommend rubiX Focused 2.0.1 as it's a great blurless beginers Rom, after getting used to it you can try out apeX 1.4 or Liberty 1.5 as they have scripts and toolboxes which allow much more tweaking and customization.

Setcpu will allow you to curb your cpu's power at lower battery life and get some extra time out of it. A power control widget such as Power Control Plus or Widgetsoid will allow you to make custom control switch panels so you can turn gps, wifi, bluetooth, screen timeout on and off and adjust brightness with the tap of a finger.

Battery Monitor gives you a graph with detailed information on how your battery did through it's charge, what apps used up the most juice etc. so ont he next charge you can finely tune your setup.

There's lots to be done to get extra bettery life, I can go 30 hrs. a charge on the stock battery.

Reactions: Sithlrdvad

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't buy any batteries except from Motorola. Most aftermarket batteries are junk.

Download and buy Titanium Back Up. Freeze all bloatware-Blockbuster, etc.

Heavily disagree. Seidio batteries and most recently Gorilla Gadgets batteries have performed quite high for a great value for those looking for an extended batt. I have used both with excellent results. Gotta know how to use the battery as well as the phone w/ the battery properly. But +1 on Titanium, well regarded and does exactly what it is supposed to.