Droid X extended batteries on ebay

bigjotto316

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone purchased an extended
Battery from ebay? I'm seeing 3500 mah batteries on there for $18.99 with free shipping. This seems too good to be true. Is anyone using one of these ebay batteries? How do they perform? Should I be worried about these hurting my phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes to all of the above.

I have bought extended batteries for out of warranty phones just to get me to my upgrades in the past but on ebay if it's too good to be true, it is.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
if you want a extended battery at 3500mah, then go to gorillagadgets.com they have the best one there. I found it a while back and started a firestorm of sales for it,lol. But we have proof of use to back up the good quality and people behind it. Here is the link to the thread that started it all...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-x-accessories/46286-extended-battery-best.html

And if it sounds or looks to good to be true.....then it is

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
None of the aftermarket batteries are worth their price. They don't hold a candle to the Motorola extended battery. Don't waste your money.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
None of the aftermarket batteries are worth their price. They don't hold a candle to the Motorola extended battery. Don't waste your money.

I would have to disagree just so the OP doesnt get scared. The Seidio 2600 when charged and used properly, meets or exceeds the Moto ext battery. Same with the Gorilla, its a large capacity battery, that if charged and used properly(which isnt always the case) can last quite a long time. My X is living proof.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would have to disagree just so the OP doesnt get scared. The Seidio 2600 when charged and used properly, meets or exceeds the Moto ext battery. Same with the Gorilla, its a large capacity battery, that if charged and used properly(which isnt always the case) can last quite a long time. My X is living proof.

These batteries have been shown to grossly over rate their capacity from 20-50%. Seido has been tested and it was near 25% over rated.

I didn't say these won't power your device, but do not expect great or even good results.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
agreed rocko....
after the way they handled the seidio innocase issue with the Dincs and the Evo's I will never support them again....Ever...

Ebay batteries though are cheap, to say the least because they may not meet specs, etc. and could do more harm then good.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree if you buy from ebay, you get what you pay for. If you buy manufacturer direct with a solid backing like the ones I have from Seidio and Gorilla then you will get a better product. Im using my Gorilla 3500 as my main battery and my Seidio 2600 as my backup/travel battery. Maybe I just have had good luck so far with them. I had a Seidio for my ole Dinc and it was wonderful. Either way you will make your own choice in the end. Post results of what you get, we like seeing that. helps spread good word and prevents the spread of bad words.

t_evo

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think you have chance of getting lucky with ebay chinese batteries, but it's not worth the risk. Nothing like a seido battery

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just Google "lithium battery fire" or "explosion" on YouTube to figure out why I don't buy generic batteries... They may very well come off the same line as the Motorola batteries, but I know that Motorola will be around and able to work with my insurance company if their battery explodes - a lot of the fly-by-night brands change names frequently just to avoid long term liability issues.

Seidio seems like they've been around for a bit and have a broad enough product base to want to survive as a company. I'm not as sure about the Gorilla battery but time will tell. Still, I keep the OEM battery installed and my external batteries are from APC (externals just seem so much more economical since they work with EVERYTHING).