What will you do with your X?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Now that the X is headed for the smartphone scrapheap, how long will you keep it as your main phone and what will you do a with it when you say Goodbye?

*sniff*

STILL love my X and don't see anything better ... yet. Oh, X - don't leave ... we were getting along so well!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been keeping up with the release of the Atrix and the thunderbolt. To be honest, I am happy with my X for now. So far I would not want to deal with all the quirks of both of those phones. So for now, I am a happy camper. The X does everything I need very well and so far has been very reliable. When the next wave of phones hit later this year or early next year is when I think I will be ready. Until then I will continue to enjoy my X.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When the Bionic, or X2 are you released, I will purchase those and my current X will go the same way all of my other phones go. Sell on the web.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I will keep it until I can upgrade. I love the DX and once I'm able to upgrade, I might not upgrade.

There is really nothing I want more out of my X since I can do pretty much everything from making beats to dj to minor photo edits to video trimming to internet with flash and of course, the most important thing of all, make good quality calls.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll keep mine untill it breaks or straight up dies. I have no need for a 4G phone plus 4G coverage is very sporadic in my area. For the data usage I use while on the road, 3G does perfectly fine. When I am at work or home, I'm on either a 10 or 30mb symetrical connection and that handles things quite well.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Best phone I ever had. Will not get a new Phone till I can upgrade in about a year. Then ill pick up the X3 if that's what's out then.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Will replace the x as soon as I see something I like better. I can upgrade anytime now , just no phones being released right now that really makes me want to ... Yet :)

Actually I never sold an old phone of mine just retired it .

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I will keep it until my upgrade date...

4G will be here by the end of the year but I still have until next year for an upgrade...

Love the phone, but will get something unlocked next time

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Scrapheap? Hardly. :D VZW can't even provide even, usable 3G where I am (Boston area). I have utterly no need for a 4G phone. This X is staying in my pocket for at least another year and a half (upgrade time), and possibly longer than that. And, when the contract is up, what may go onto the scrapheap is my 22-year VZW contract. I am totally fed up with bad coverage and hideous hardware support (Dare, Fascinate). Unhappily, choices look to be getting fewer, not greater, with cell service providers, however.

highjakker

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
i'm not the type to jump on a new phone as soon as it's released. i don't need the newest, flashiest, trendiest phone out there. my X is only about 2.5 months old and my area won't see 4G for another 5 years according to my VZW rep so there's no need to abandon what is the best smartphone i've ever had (i loved my LG voyager). and since i haven't even rooted mine yet the possibilities are endless so my X is going NOWHERE!!!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Still love it, but will be upgrading to something else this summer (Bionic, *gasp* iP5, Revolution or whatever the hell it's called). I'm a freak for the new thing, I should probably go to meetings, so even though I love it and it does everything I need, I'll still be switching it out sooner rather than later. At that point in time, it'll get sold on the web just like the rest of my old electronics. It will be a sad day...

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine last month, So I really cant replace it for awhile anyway. But honestly I dont know what else I need in a phone, the DX does everything I could want to do with a phone, and then more.

I do like how the Bionic is looking, but I'm not sure I'll be available to upgrade when it releases, so I'll just keep using this amazing phone.

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine as well ... and to be honest, there is just nothing else I really need.

My biggest fear (and this probably isn't a bad thing ultimately) is that the X has ruined me a bit. It sets the standard for me for all future phones. I am definitely not the guy that continuously looks for the next great thing, and totally not knocking those who are, just not me.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I might get a Bionic a few weeks after release, if it all looks as good as I think it will, but for now, I'm totally enjoying the X. No hurry at all to replace it. This is the best phone I've ever owned.