My x sometimes discharges the bat under no use in about 3 hours,gets hot,seams like in the same locations.any ideas?
    03-25-2011 06:49 PM
    How is your signal in these areas? Weak? That will kill your phone quickly. Have you checked in the battery status to see if any app is running continously?
    03-25-2011 08:03 PM
    If you are running an app that constantly uses GPS, that could cause it as well.
    03-25-2011 11:17 PM
    Look at your batt stats, when my x did this it was android os that was using all the juice. I can't remember how it got fixed but I think it was the froyo update.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    03-26-2011 10:17 AM
    This happened to me the other day ... took a lot of investigation, but in my case, turned out the X was continually trying to send an email with a photo attachment - a photo I had taken at 8 mp on my X, which was apparently too large for it to handle.

It was working on this for several hours by the time I noticed how HOT it was along the lower back part! Took the X out of its case to see if it cooled (not), looked for anything running (GPS, etc - not) and finally noticed the little green arrow by the email indicating it was still in process of sending... nearly 2 hours after I sent it!!!

Deleted the offending email and all is well. Wow.

PS - I later sent the very same photo via MMS where the X compressed the file. Went with no problems!
    03-29-2011 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the replies, last time it did it I checked the bat. specs. and it was the android o/s using the juice,not sure how to resolve it other than do a batt pull.
    03-30-2011 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD