05-28-2011 11:25 AM
74 123
tools
    somebody please help me with rooting my droidx...i have seen a few tutorials but they were very confusing as i am not the computer xpert....and they removed z4 root from the market
    03-28-2011 08:04 PM
    How exactly do you "sbf" something? I thought if I lost the root then i would loose clockworkmod?
    03-28-2011 08:35 PM
    Just google z4root apk. Install then open it and press root. Your done

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    03-28-2011 08:46 PM
    somebody please help me with rooting my droidx...i have seen a few tutorials but they were very confusing as i am not the computer xpert....and they removed z4 root from the market
    This is the how to I followed and its very easy. Don't worry rooting is a snap.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...stom-roms.html
    03-28-2011 09:25 PM
    Anyone having wifi issues? I cant get my wifi to work at all...I have a D-link N router..
    03-29-2011 12:06 AM
    I liked the look of GB but honestly I could see right away why it didn't pass. The boot up animation was really slow and laggy, the signal indicators would change color between blue and white, the compass issue, slow boot time in general, physical buttons looked like they were so bright they could blind you, wifi seemed to show less signal strength, the 3g mobile hotspot goof, I was not impressed with the keyboard at all, just some other random bugs but its a great start. Hoping for the best with a mostly bug free OTA!
    03-29-2011 07:03 AM
    I'm with some of the others and taking the "til the smoke clears" approach.
    03-29-2011 08:12 AM
    GB with Root just released on mydroidworld
    03-29-2011 08:43 AM
    GB with Root just released on mydroidworld
    I may have to give this shot, thank you. The app drawer profiles is probably the biggest reason for me to do so. I would love to be able to get rid of my folders and to be able to install apps on sd card as a result -i truly hate how I cannot do this and keep app thumbnails in folders!!!
    03-29-2011 10:44 AM
    I like the look and feel but it does have its bugs. I'm wondering, can I install the official version over this when it comes out so I don't lose all my settings and data? I've been playing with tons of roms lately and getting tired of setting up my phone.
    03-29-2011 11:58 AM
    I liked the look of GB but honestly I could see right away why it didn't pass. The boot up animation was really slow and laggy, the signal indicators would change color between blue and white, the compass issue, slow boot time in general, physical buttons looked like they were so bright they could blind you, wifi seemed to show less signal strength, the 3g mobile hotspot goof, I was not impressed with the keyboard at all, just some other random bugs but its a great start. Hoping for the best with a mostly bug free OTA!
    Yeah this was pretty spot on.
    I also think the transitions were a little janky. I doubt they'll get smoother before the official but it'd be nice.

There's still no way to root this once it's on the phone correct? On a mac so no sbf for me.
    03-29-2011 12:21 PM
    Has anyone rooted their GB yet?? Does ClockworkMod Recovery still work w/ this?
    03-29-2011 12:56 PM
    I ran recovery and it said "success" but havent tried a ROM or anything on it yet. My backup assistant keeps giving me a network error and to dial 611 wtf
    03-29-2011 01:10 PM
    Any idea about why mine shows the sync icon in the upper status bar right next to my 3g symbol? I have looked at running services and cant seem to find out what it is there for.
    03-29-2011 01:18 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing thats for backup assistant its driving me nuts because I did a reboot to get the sync to work but it doesnt go away
    03-29-2011 01:23 PM
    I redid the GB with root today after not having very good luck yesterday...used the milestone/jrummy overclock fix. I'm loving this now! I did several data wipes just to be sure that everything was gone. I did play a little bit in Bootstrapper, but I didn't do anything except load it in recovery to see if it would work, and it does, but I don't know if it functions properly with flashing anything. I didn't really want to try yet - I'll let someone else be that guinea pig.

All that said, after overclock:

Holy crap! I was playing Dungeon Defenders and it was like watching the video of someone playing on the LG Optimus 2x...so amazingly smooth and no chop. I'm pretty excited. I'll probably be even more excited if the awesome themers can deblue it a little bit...little too neon for me, but still loving Gingerbread!
    03-29-2011 02:34 PM
    If you're getting the sync errors do a wipe and reinstall gb, that worked for me.
    03-29-2011 03:56 PM
    I can't wait for the official release to see what got fixed.
    03-29-2011 04:18 PM
    Liking it!
    05-28-2011 10:35 AM
    is GPS finally fixed in 596??
    05-28-2011 10:38 AM
    is GPS finally fixed in 596??
    What GPS issue, I never noticed any issue?

Mine is doing the same thing thats for backup assistant its driving me nuts because I did a reboot to get the sync to work but it doesnt go away
    You need to wipe data with Bootstrap to resolve..
    05-28-2011 10:56 AM
    I installed 588 amd 595 and gps would not connect for me. Saw several posts about it so it was an issue maybe not for all but quite a few.
    05-28-2011 11:15 AM
    For dummies, what is the easiest way to upgrade? Mirrors, wiping, firmware, etc. are all above me. Is there a simple link to install?
    Wait until the official update notification shows up on your phone. Simple, harmless, also what I'm doing. Patience is a virtue.

I noticed on the video that there was a 3g hotspot app. Is that a free app like wireless tether?
    No. It's Verizon's tethering app. Doesn't work unless you pay.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    05-28-2011 11:20 AM
    What GPS issue, I never noticed any issue?

You need to wipe data with Bootstrap to resolve..
    Ill give that a shot after I finished downing 596 and install.
    05-28-2011 11:25 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD