If you use the RC FF mobile, do you have an exit button to exit out of the browser? Or, is it just as good to just manually do that? Not certain it continues to be open if there is no exit link to click?
    03-28-2011 01:27 PM
    If you use the RC FF mobile, do you have an exit button to exit out of the browser? Or, is it just as good to just manually do that? Not certain it continues to be open if there is no exit link to click?
    most browsers require you to use the back button (long hold will bring up the exit box) or the simple click on the home button.

PS - just on a tangent here........... If you worried about it running in the background, using CPU cycles, which in turn uses battery life, and you have Android Froyo 2.2 on the droid x (which is should be), then no worries... android will auto kill it if it stays in the background not being used... This brings up a nasty subject tooo... ADVANCED TASK KILLER (ATK)!!! eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(for anyone reading this - Read Jerry's blog!) FROYO doesnt need ATK!!! Android is NOT microsoft computers! The more apps running the slower the computer gets... yeah whatever... NOT ON ANDROID! Android is Linux based. It dont run on those 'basic' rules.. ATK on Froyo OS will bug your phone and apps like there is no tommorrow! slower responce time, choppier animation, FC on apps... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Just get Watchdog Lite.... uninstall that ATK... should be nuked from the Market@!!!.... and you all can see for yourselves that background apps use 0.5% cpu or less (like 2 seconds of battery life)... reload Watchdog 5 minutes later and see it run 0.0% cpu, which in turn means 0% battery loss...

but if you believe in the placebo affect... and swear on the green of spring that your ATK Sugar pill will cure cancer.... then more power to ya.
    03-29-2011 04:19 AM
    Androidcore,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I appreciate the details about closing out of FF.
    03-29-2011 10:38 AM
    I haven't tried Firefox mobile in the last month or so, but I did use it briefly for a while. I found the native browser to be much better. FF would take a couple seconds to reload a section of page once you moved off it. I found that very disconcerting, especially when the native browser doesn't have to do that.

I really like Firefox and have used it for years on my PC, but the mobile app seems to have a way to go yet, at least for Froyo 2.2
    03-29-2011 06:13 PM
    If it gets flash support I'd be more interested in using it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    03-30-2011 03:03 AM
    Once it has flash support then I will keep it. But without flash support, it's useless for me.
    03-30-2011 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD