Droid x eol

DroidEye22

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So for those of you that don't remember, the DROID X EOL date is 3/31/11 that's tomorrow. I still have one year left in my contract and im not looking into any new phones being released I am perfectly happy with my DROID X. Any thoughts or opinions?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Not only happy with the X, but delighted to have on the horizon a "new" X thanks to Gingerbread! What a nice surprise and most appreciated.

The X is still the BEST!!!!

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So for those of you that don't remember, the DROID X EOL date is 3/31/11 that's tomorrow. I still have one year left in my contract and im not looking into any new phones being released I am perfectly happy with my DROID X. Any thoughts or opinions?

Actually that's Thursday :p

EDIT: I wont be looking into new phones until next summer. For now though I am enjoying reading up about all the different phones coming out. When Verizon stops supporting this phone with updates, is when I'll go ahead and root it to get even more life out of it. Watching video of Gingerbread though looks like that won't be for quite sometime :)

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Loving my X!

It's cool to read up on the new devices coming out but none have gotten me really excited. I'm not giving up my X anytime soon.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to getting to know GB on my X. It'll hold me over for awhile. I'm just waiting to see what VZW has in store for the 2nd half of the year. The Thunderbolt is tempting, but not as tempting with the EVO 3D on the horizon. I may hop ship to Sprint if my contract ends without VZW releasing an HTC phone I like as much as the EVO 3D.

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

Well, since I am quite happy with the DX, and since I have 18 months until a renewal, and most importantly since VZW can't even provide reliable 1x coverage :-\ in my area, I can't imagine that I'll be feeling any need or desire to change phones any time soon.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
In another thread, there is mention of the recent additions to Launcher Pro Plus features. Between these (and some are pretty amazing, like the screen transition options) and the upcoming GB, the X is like a brand new machine!

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
LOL I got my phone about 7 months ago and have no plans on moving on to another phone, especially seeing as to how VZW got rid of the annual upgrade option.

By the time my upgrade pops up we may have quad core phones :p

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
LOL I got my phone about 7 months ago and have no plans on moving on to another phone, especially seeing as to how VZW got rid of the annual upgrade option.

By the time my upgrade pops up we may have quad core phones :p

Seriously!!!! The annual upgrade was awesome! Now I can't get a new phone until April 2012. I guess that is only a year away. Can't wait for all the goodies that will come out by then.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that makes me sad is that people won't be able to very an amazing device with warranty support. First time ever a upgrade is something I don't want right now...of you have not installed GB, do it!

Last edited:

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Recently rooted + New Launcher Pro update + GB = Very Happy Droid X owner.

**Not that I was not happy with the X before, just that it seems like a new phone all over again.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I am, unsurprisingly, with you guys. I like my phone just fine. Worst case, I lose or break it and I do that early upgrade thingy. Or just activate my Crackberry until I'm up for NE2.

I'll probably put Gingerbread on this weekend. Looks moderately AWESOME.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have to be honest, back when the DX2 was rumored to be a dualcore device with upgraded screen resolution and more ram I was seriously considering dropping the coin to get one. Now that it's apparently not going to have dual core I really don't care. The Bionic looks neat, but it's not a perfect form factor IMO. So we'll see, I'll probably hold on the my X for at least another 6+ months.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't really see myself coughing up cash for any of the new phones coming out this summer. As much as I would like 4G and a dual core phone, I think I'm going to wait till they had several months to stretch their legs before making the jump.

Besides, leaked and rooted Droid X Gingerbread + launcher pro update is amazingly smooth. Blur isn't that bad either! Practically breathed new life into it. I could easily see myself going till the end of my contract before upgrading next year.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Im just not sure what Im doing. There is so many nice devices coming out in the next couple of months, I just don't know what to do. And that's just the next couple of months, who knows what is in the works for 3rd and 4th quarter. I will hold on to my X for now, and probably get a new device by impulse...lol

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Seriously!!!! The annual upgrade was awesome! Now I can't get a new phone until April 2012. I guess that is only a year away. Can't wait for all the goodies that will come out by then.

Was that the "New Every 2" program? We came to Verizon in July on Droid X day, and we got 3 of them on new activations. That was before they changed their upgrade policies. Can someone with more VZW experience than I chime in with what/when I can upgrade?

Bombinadam1403

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with my X... In fact I still haven't fully played with it to see what all I can do... I'm trying to talk my friend into one right now, maybe the price will go down a little more and they'll finally get one :)

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Was that the "New Every 2" program? We came to Verizon in July on Droid X day, and we got 3 of them on new activations. That was before they changed their upgrade policies. Can someone with more VZW experience than I chime in with what/when I can upgrade?

They would give you an extra discount on top of the regular price 4 months before your contract (2yr) was up. This was only for the primary line (no add a lines).

Reactions: .46caliber

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
They would give you an extra discount on top of the regular price 4 months before your contract (2yr) was up. This was only for the primary line (no add a lines).

And I guess I would be grandfathered for one upgrade since we signed up before they nixed the program?