[Q] Gingerbread (Rooted)

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I SBF'd back to stock and installed the Gingerbread rooted version.

Now it seems that my phone has the two arrows on the top that indicate it is synchronizing.

It's been showing it since yesterday... I go into the accounts and check to see what would be syncing and nothing is showing that it is.

Anyone else having this issue?

quiverskeep

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
So I SBF'd back to stock and installed the Gingerbread rooted version.

Now it seems that my phone has the two arrows on the top that indicate it is synchronizing.

It's been showing it since yesterday... I go into the accounts and check to see what would be syncing and nothing is showing that it is.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, same exact situation here. I've done battery pulls...sync symbol won't go away.

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid someone would say that...sigh, just got my phone all setup again. So a factory reset won't take away gingerbread, right?

I'm just wondering if this is a full restore to stock and going through the entire rooting, installing the Zip again... or if we can just clean cache/wipe... which would cause for you to have to reinstall everything again but at least not a full restore to stock.

quiverskeep

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok...here's my deal.. I started out with rooted Froyo, no rom ever. I factory resetted my X and then flashed the gingerbread rooted zip file. The sync icon wouldn't go away. Then I factory reset after a suggestion here said to and restored with titanium backup..the sync icon went away for hours. Now for hours it's been back..won't go away. I'm lovin' Gingerbread for a number of reasons, but some of the glitchiness is getting to me.. Earlier I got onto my phone without the pattern pw I had for sure set last night and have used all day..when I checked the settings, everything had been reset..

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got the sync icon also. I can live with it easier than I can live with another system wipe. I'm actually starting to like the way it looks up there...:confused:

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any issues with the arrows being up there? I've been playing around and I can't seem to see any problems with the sync arrows being up there. No noticeable increase in data usage and all my stuff seems to be syncing up OK. There does seem to be a little bit more of a delay on syncing up my mail with my desktop, but that could just be my imagination. Besides, it is still working as far as I can tell.
I've also not noticed an increase in battery consumption.

Jihoonie

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Use either Root Explorer($4) or Super Manager (free) to change the ContactSync.apk to Contantsync.bak. it doesn't seem to affect anything but gets rid of the sync icon. U can find it under system/app

dancer

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Jihoonie,
But I don't have a "contactSync.apk"
I have a "ContactData.apk" and a "contactsProvider2_0.apk"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members