Hello everyone. I cannot figure out how to add my second email to my droid. I have it rooted with the liberty 1.5 rom and figured out how to do the hotmail but my other pop3 I cannot figure out.

Here is the instructions from the website.
    PC Client Setup Information:
    POP3 (inbound mail) Server: mail.ar15.com
    SMTP (outbound mail) Server: mail.ar15.com

- User name and password are case sensitive.
    - Your password must be 4-16 characters long.(alpha-numeric)
    - For security, we require authentication for outbound (SMTP) mail. check "MY SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION" in your mail client under server settings.
    - Please set the email check timer to be 10 minutes or more.

I enter in all of my info but cannot find any part where It asks for the SMTP. Under security type I see
    none
    SSL
    SSL (accept all certs)
    TLS
    TLS (accept all certs)

I can get passed the ingoing email screen but when it comes to the outgoing email screen I get this message: Unable to open connection to server

Any help? I had it set up before I rooted but not cannot get it dialed in.

Thanks
    03-31-2011 10:36 AM
    Hello everyone. I cannot figure out how to add my second email to my droid. I have it rooted with the liberty 1.5 rom and figured out how to do the hotmail but my other pop3 I cannot figure out.

Here is the instructions from the website.
    PC Client Setup Information:
    POP3 (inbound mail) Server: mail.ar15.com
    SMTP (outbound mail) Server: mail.ar15.com

- User name and password are case sensitive.
    - Your password must be 4-16 characters long.(alpha-numeric)
    - For security, we require authentication for outbound (SMTP) mail. check "MY SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION" in your mail client under server settings.
    - Please set the email check timer to be 10 minutes or more.

I enter in all of my info but cannot find any part where It asks for the SMTP. Under security type I see
    none
    SSL
    SSL (accept all certs)
    TLS
    TLS (accept all certs)

I can get passed the ingoing email screen but when it comes to the outgoing email screen I get this message: Unable to open connection to server

Any help? I had it set up before I rooted but not cannot get it dialed in.

Thanks
    I took a look at mine since I also have a POP account. Here are my settings, just substitute your info.

Incoming

Server: pop.mydomain.com
    Port: 110

Outgoing
    SMTP server: smtp.mydomain.com
    Port: 25

Input your own info in where highlighted by red. Hope that helps.

****Edit: I think your smtp server and pop server settings are wrong they should read: smtp.ar15.com and pop.ar15.com
    crazyjoejoe likes this.
    03-31-2011 01:32 PM
    Well I tried the pop.ar15.com and it did not like it.

So I entered the mail.ar15.com as my incoming and it let me go to outgoing. Once there I entered mail.ar15.com but I used the port 25 (like you show in the reply) and it worked!

I was using the port # that it was giving me and apparently that was wrong. What is a port # and why would changing it to 25 allow it to work?

THANKS!!!!!!!
    03-31-2011 04:34 PM
    04-02-2011 12:34 PM
    One last bump before I hang it up.

Thanks!
    04-05-2011 08:59 AM
    I believe port 25 is the standard port used by all mail servers.
    crazyjoejoe likes this.
    04-05-2011 10:18 AM
    When I go to accounts to add second email I go to Microsoft exchange to add put in email address and password ,error message unable to set up account,unable to connect to server
    06-09-2016 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD