Problem with the pre-installed weather widget

adamjac78

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had a solution to my problem. For some unknown reason the weather app (accuweather.com) that came pre-installed on my Droid X is saying that my current location is about 45 minutes from where I actually am. I have reset the phone, called Verizon, called Motorola, and even called Accuweather and no one has any solutions. I know that the GPS is okay because when I use google maps or navagation it shows my correct location.

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how to fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. This has been driving me nuts for the past month or so.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Try WeatherBug from Market. I found it has better "locations" for rural areas than other weather apps. It's the only one that has a weather station within 5 miles of my home. Otherwise, the locations are like yours, some 35-20 miles away and NOT the same weather.

adamjac78

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up about weatherbug, but I tried that and it is still screwy. Google home page is saying one thing but goggle maps says something different. It's killing me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with the HTC weather widget on my Incredible and it wouldn't work in my home. Only have the state showing but when driving it is where I would be. I bought fancy widget in the market and love it. Works flawlessly and I also like the clocks and different designs and also weather skins I can choose from. Also can choose the color text you want. Still has all the fun of the weather widgets that come stock on the phone, only it works. I have it set to google weather and "use my location" is checked but I don't have Use GPS Location checked...it messes up the location if I do. And it works with no issues so if in Scottsdale it shows Scottsdale and so on and so forth. Give it a try. I absolutely love it. It is perfect

allenwallach

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem and Sprint AND Samsung had me troubleshoot the problem to try and resolve it. They both could not resolve the issue and Samsung informed me to contact the developer (accuweather). So I sent an email to the developer and this is the reply I received:

Thank you for using AccuWeather.com.

The application you are using was developed by a 3rd party manufacturer. AccuWeather only supplies the weather data and cannot support the application itself. Please contact the store where you purchased the device or the device manufacturer for support. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Ryan L
AccuWeather Customer Service
support@accuweather.com

So it looks like unless we can find the 3rd party manufacturer we are out of luck for ever getting this fixed.

Allen :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21