04-05-2011 04:39 AM
44 12
tools
    I have been messing with my framework res trying to change the battery symbol in the status bar. I tried using metamorph and some .zips that had increments of 10s, but it didnt work, as soon as the battery dipped below 94% it displayed 80% remaining, even though the GB leak has battery increments of 5%. I made .png files for every 5% and ninjamorph'd them. The 100% sybol works, but once again, anything under 94% goes straight to the 80% icon (which is what I set for 80%) even though I have 95-90-85% set. I have no idea what I can or should do, someone help me out, please!?

Thanks

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...png?w=e9ad6d2c
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...png?w=9601d8ee
    03-31-2011 11:55 PM
    If you open the framework-res.apk and look at the battery images, it looks like it only uses the images for 0, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100. The 5% images are a vertical battery compared to the horizontal battery in the GB leak
    04-01-2011 02:04 AM
    I opened the framework-res.apk and there are icons for every 5%, which if I recall correctly, is a change from FY, which only had 10% icons. But, check the photo I added, there are .png's for 100-0 by 5s.
    04-01-2011 02:15 AM
    I can't see either of the images you posted in the OP.
    04-01-2011 02:24 AM
    New screenshots, hopefully they work:

on Twitpic
    on Twitpic
    04-01-2011 03:11 AM
    I can see the new pictures. I think that the DX only uses the images for 0, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 I think it ignores the other 5% images. If you open the framework-res.apk file on your computer, you can see that there are two sets of battery images. There might be a way to get it to use the 5% images, but I don't know how.

There is what I see when I open the framework-res file on my computer:
    04-01-2011 03:49 AM
    By default it's 100,80,60 and so on. You can get the x to do 100,90,80 if you use the correct stat file. You won't have 5% on the x. I was going to theme the leak but I like the way it looks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    04-01-2011 06:10 AM
    By default it's 100,80,60 and so on. You can get the x to do 100,90,80 if you use the correct stat file. You won't have 5% on the x. I was going to theme the leak but I like the way it looks.

I agree. I like the way the leak looks. The only thing I have changed was the notification background so it fills the screen after I changed the LCD density.
    04-01-2011 10:20 AM

You say "if you use the correct stat file." What does that mean? I named my .png files correctly, and even if I hadnt, Ninjamorph should have renamed them correctly for me. Is this a case of something I should try again and see if that fixes it? Or is there a different naming theme that I dont know about. Right now I would love to get this fixed, since having a big number 80 for a battery indicator for everything 94-75 isnt really accomplishing much.
    04-01-2011 10:29 AM
    Take a look at the battery xml files. One is for charging other to display discharging. The code needs to be worked to be in 10%. I can try and get this done tonight for you.

04-01-2011 10:39 AM
    Try this one, I belive it should work for you, I already have it loaded so cant test at moment.. Install with MetaMorph...
    04-01-2011 10:49 AM
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, but whatever pointers or fixes you come up with would be great. I am working on renaming files now and then trying a Ninjamorph again. Although I hold out no hope, since I tried a Metamorph with a .zip that had icons by the 10s and I only got the 20s.
    04-02-2011 12:03 AM
    Try this one, I belive it should work for you, I already have it loaded so cant test at moment.. Install with MetaMorph...
    Would it be possible for me to replace the .png's with my icons? I happen to not be a fan of that battery.
    04-02-2011 04:29 PM
    Would it be possible for me to replace the .png's with my icons? I happen to not be a fan of that battery.
    You should be able to with no issues. I just gave you the zip as a proof of concept. Metamorph works perfectly and those images was from my working theme being used by me now.

Help yourself to editing to your needs.
    04-02-2011 05:28 PM
    I thought you meant that this file worked. I stated in my original post, I have tried Metamorph for this with no luck. I downloaded several .zip's from Droid Pirate and none have worked. Each one only works with the 20% increments. I am running the leaked rooted GB right now. I had the clock you suggested while I was on Liberty 1.5.
    04-02-2011 05:31 PM
    I thought you meant that this file worked. I stated in my original post, I have tried Metamorph for this with no luck. I downloaded several .zip's from Droid Pirate and none have worked. Each one only works with the 20% increments. I am running the leaked rooted GB right now. I had the clock you suggested while I was on Liberty 1.5.
    Your problem is because you are downloading them from Droid Pirate, all of their battery files are the wrong format, they are is 20% incraments instead of the 5% icons listed in the rom, the Droid X only uses every 10% levels but without the battery xml the files does not load correctly, my file should work fine also a number of the files are labeled diffrently... I am restoring to stock just to test because you have me wondering now...

Check Back in a minute...

Completed stock restore and then installed my posted battery file and it worked perfectly, if it isnt working for you then you are doing something incorrectly.... These fles has been modified to match the capatible format so if you say it didnt work you either didnt try it or did it wrong... Please try before saying it didnt work.
    04-02-2011 05:59 PM
    Oh goodie something new to try and install on my phone. Off to the lab....
    04-02-2011 10:40 PM

Installing with Metamorph has put me into a bootloop. Restoring.

Ummm even after restoring, still in a bootloop.
    04-02-2011 10:58 PM
    I just Metamorph'd the Honeycomb zip and it did not work. I am very familiar with Metamorph and I am sure that there was nothing I did wrong. Either there is a step that is missing or the file does not correct the 20% issue.
    04-02-2011 11:22 PM
    I used this several times without any issues, that is strange. Like I said I have this in the theme I am using now. Are you usimg the leak gingerbread because this isnt for 2.2.1

Your device information sayes you are using Liberty and this wasnt for that rom. Liberty has that battery in the toolbox for it.

Also your issue could be because you have attempted to install a number of bad fileThis s could have changed other files because Droid Pirate files never install just the battery icons. This file works on Gingerbread fine.
    04-02-2011 11:23 PM
    I am running the leaked Gingerbread that was post on Droid-Life a few days ago.

on Twitpic

IT'S WORKING! (I think?) -- According to Circle Battery Widget I am at 34% and the status bar now indicates 30% remaining. This is odd because it skipped the odd 10s (70 & 50). Hopefully after a full charge I can check how it goes. Update sometime tomorrow.

If this works, thanks. Not sure why the Metamorph didnt kick in right away.

Now if only I could get rid of these awful alarm and vibrate icons, maybe even the gmail and market icons... but that is for another day.
    04-02-2011 11:29 PM
    I restored via clockwork mod to a backup i made the day before yesterday and it booted but Im getting the same error window(FC):

The application Voice Commands(process.com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

And as soon as I tap Force close, it pops up again instantly so I can do nothing but battery pull.(EDIT) There are other FC that cycle with this one after a few moments of inactivity(not tapping force close on above) they are for gmail and browser. IF i tap thru the FCs fast enuf I can select turn phonne off. also when i plug into my pc, it doesnt register, powered on thru the FCs or powered off then rebooted.

EDIT: Looks like I am going all the way back to re-installing my deodexed GB.zip to clear this mess up lol man I love experimenting
    04-02-2011 11:46 PM
    Any chance anyone knows how to fix this problem with this file?

I create a .zip for a simple text battery, but I get the message seen in the screenshot (problem is, I am the theme creator, kind of) every time I try to Metamorph it.

on Twitpic
    04-03-2011 12:01 AM
    Wow even restoring back 2 days, recovering to re-install gb deox and im still getting this fc problem. what sucks is everything is still working in the background, my texts are coming thru, everything on the homepage loads, etc. Gona need some real help here it seems. Oh and also, when i battery pull and just put the battery back in and pushing NO buttons, my phone auto boots so now i cant make my way into recovery.
    04-03-2011 12:03 AM
    Any chance anyone knows how to fix this problem with this file?

I create a .zip for a simple text battery, but I get the message seen in the screenshot (problem is, I am the theme creator, kind of) every time I try to Metamorph it.

on Twitpic
    I just Ninjamorph'd my icons over the Metamorph of the Honeycomb .zip and its all good now!
    04-03-2011 12:52 AM
44 12