Gallery issue

chefboyarbear

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't get my gallery to open. I've tried changing launchers and reset everything I can think of. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Gallery Won't Open Fix

Go to:
Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All tab
For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
Gallery
Media Container Service
Media Storage
Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but it works!
I was afraid I deleted all files on SD but they are all still there. Just be patient, it will take several minutes for Gallery to repopulate.

Reactions: curt6567

Th3Dude

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What happens when you try an alternative gallery app (like a much better/free one?)

for ex: (what i use) QuickPic

edit: nvm...just realized you said you tried others too

------------------------------------------------
[

Sometimes, after syncing items to your Android phone's storage card, the stock gallery application will start acting like it's force-closing immediately it's opened.

Here is how to fix it without having to back-up your SD card and format it, then restore.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
click "All" applications tab

"Clear Data" on Media Storage
"Clear Data" on Gallery

back out to Settings > SD card & phone storage

Unmount SD card

Once the SD card is unmounted, you should power-off your phone.

when the OS reboots, open the stock gallery application

The gallery will display "loading Media files" and a quick toast saying 'Loading' will fade off the screen, and the busy icon will display in the gallery's chrome. The main display of the gallery will show a default icon for media files.

It will take some time to rescan your photos and videos, but you will have your stock android gallery working again.

Reactions: curt6567

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If Webmastir suggestion does not work, then do the following:

Backup all your photos to the pc, then reformat your sd card. Then see if you can open up gallery. If so, then you had a corrupted photo file. You can now move back one at a time until you find the culprit.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you are also clearing BOTH Cache AND Data. And make sure you are clearing these on the "Media Container Service" as well!!! Then reboot.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
What happens when you try an alternative gallery app (like a much better/free one?)

for ex: (what i use) QuickPic

edit: nvm...just realized you said you tried others too

------------------------------------------------
[

Sometimes, after syncing items to your Android phone's storage card, the stock gallery application will start acting like it's force-closing immediately it's opened.

Here is how to fix it without having to back-up your SD card and format it, then restore.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
click "All" applications tab

"Clear Data" on Media Storage
"Clear Data" on Gallery

back out to Settings > SD card & phone storage

Unmount SD card

Once the SD card is unmounted, you should power-off your phone.

when the OS reboots, open the stock gallery application

The gallery will display "loading Media files" and a quick toast saying 'Loading' will fade off the screen, and the busy icon will display in the gallery's chrome. The main display of the gallery will show a default icon for media files.

It will take some time to rescan your photos and videos, but you will have your stock android gallery working again.

Working so far. The Gallery is loading files. I still might try QuickPic. It looks good, and sounds faster than the stock app.

Is there a way to disable to stock app?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
You know if you're having any issue with gallery or media player etc in stock froyo, you can RSDLite .340 over your existing stock intallation witout losing any information or having to wipe. The most you will have to do is dial *228 again. I have done this in the past when my media player kept FC'n on me and it fixed whatever was corrupt.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams