Android vs Windows Analogy and a quick GB Review

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When I came over from iPhone last summer I left a fairly featured and stable environment for the X on 2.1 then 2.2. We'll call the iPhone experience Windows XP because it mostly was meeting my needs but was falling short in some places. The move to the X on 2.1 the iPhone 2.2 was like upgrading (or downgrading) to Vista. There were lots of good ideas, but overall the experience was lacking, buggy and frustrating. Then came along GB for the X, and this has totally been the experience I've been looking for. It definitely smokes the last 2 experiences and finally makes my X into the phone I wanted it to be, and I'm finally happy with it.

So far with GB I have experienced: huge jump in battery life, big jump in speed and snappiness, and few to no bugs that were plaguing me before. I used to have to use Juice Defender with my extended battery just to consider making it through the day. Previously I failed to see how powerful the device was when the UI was so leggy and buggy. Finally I haven't seen a crash yet, where previously making it 3 days without a crash was an achievement.

I previously tried other launchers, rooting, custom launchers and everything else, and the experience was mediocre at best. Finally Moto got it right with GB on the X.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If you had flashed a ROM like rubiX or ApeX a while ago, then you would have been free of the lagginess and other problems of the X before Gingerbread.

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Gb on the X is simply amazing. It's been only 2hr since I flashed it, but you can see the difference instantly. My X ran nice on froyo but it's no match for GB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance