With Gingerbread, can you disable the lock screen feature now?
    04-02-2011 10:53 AM
    Motorola didn't see this a as issue because this is a intended design so no they did not change it..
    04-02-2011 01:34 PM
    It's only an issue if you don't want it. It's an extra swipe that is totally unnecessary.
    Thanks
    04-02-2011 01:39 PM
    FYI - I use the app "No Lock" by BoD to circumvent the problem. Have a little widget/icon on my screen so I can toggle between having no lock (most of the time since I carry in a holster) and lock (when cycling, skiing, etc). I agree that Moto should have fixed it and that an additional app shouldn't be needed, but at least it works well and gets around the problem.
    04-02-2011 04:06 PM
    That is understandable but I have heard of so many disabling the slider and then start pocket dialing... It has some useful reason. I prefer using WidgetLocker and I would like to permanently disable just for that.

Plus I believed the lock slider seems to be intergrated into the blur dialer and when it has been disabled it now causes issues with the dialer, I think this is why the developers has went any further to try to disable it. I have noticed a few bootless roms that seem to have it disabled. it seems possible with some work and knowledge.
    04-02-2011 04:08 PM
    I use the free app, Nolock.
    Sometimes I want the slider to lock but most times I dont.

sent using TaPaTaLk
    04-02-2011 05:14 PM
    I use the free app, Nolock.
    Sometimes I want the slider to lock but most times I dont.

sent using TaPaTaLk
    I have use NoLock since forever but I still see the stock lock on boot and I have to close to go to Widget Locker. It works nice to compress but under some situations turning completely off is better.
    04-02-2011 05:23 PM
    Love widgetLocker. So customizable and being to control that screen in nice.
    04-02-2011 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD