I have a rooted Droid X on Froyo and am wanting to move to Gingerbread Prerooted.

I downloaded GB prerooted zip to the root of my SD card. I have the Bootstrapped app downloaded.

I was told to run bootstrapper and install GB prerooted because my phone was already rooted.

When I ran bootstrapper I got a funky screen and couldn't move from it. The second time the screen stayed black. Both times I got back to Froyo rooted with a battery pull.

What must I do, step by step, to get Gingerbread prerooted on this DX?
    04-03-2011 01:16 AM
    ill be curious to see what people say because bootstrapper didn't work for me either. it just wouldn't do anything. it was very odd.
    04-03-2011 08:36 AM
    You bootstrapped the recovery, and then booted into recovery?
    04-03-2011 10:09 AM
    Interested to hear how it goes, as I have not done this yet...
    04-03-2011 11:31 AM
    I have a rooted Droid X on Froyo and am wanting to move to Gingerbread Prerooted.

I downloaded GB prerooted zip to the root of my SD card. I have the Bootstrapped app downloaded.

I was told to run bootstrapper and install GB prerooted because my phone was already rooted.

When I ran bootstrapper I got a funky screen and couldn't move from it. The second time the screen stayed black. Both times I got back to Froyo rooted with a battery pull.

What must I do, step by step, to get Gingerbread prerooted on this DX?

You might want to read these threads before doing anything!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...t-out-bag.html
    http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/a...arriers-5.html
    04-03-2011 11:40 AM
    once you are on gb then you have to use the droid 2 bootstrapper thats the only one the will work
    04-03-2011 05:00 PM
    once you are on gb then you have to use the droid 2 bootstrapper thats the only one the will work
    Correction. We discovered as long as you turn off USB debugging, you can use the X bootstrap
    04-03-2011 05:05 PM
    I watched a video in U-Tube where Bootstrap was initialized and used to install Gingerbread Prerooted.

Does ANYONE know of a step by step guide on how to install Gingerbread PreRooted?
    04-04-2011 02:57 AM
    04-04-2011 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD