Bluetooth tethering and Gingerbread

WillyWonka

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Does bluetooth pan work with the leaked Gingerbread, and do you think the official release in June/July will support it like Froyo does?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I was on Liberty 1.5 (froyo base) and could BT tether but after prolonged use my 3g would cycle on and off rendering it useless.

Gingerbread has been much more reliable and speedier BT tether wise. Wifi tether is hit or miss for me. There are a few broke tether apps or something tweaked with GB to make then not work, while the stock 3g hotspots works for me, it drops connection and locks up after time.

So yes, BT tether works better on GB than it did on froyo for me. And wifi tether is buggy.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Tether app works but it still isn't 100%.

Mine won't shut down until I force close it. If you don't encrypt access, you should turn the phone off and back on again when done, because force closing doesn't kill tether access.

When the phone battery saving sleep mode kicks in, the tether is terminated until you wake it. I just occasionally tap the screen and that fixes it.

I don't use it a lot, but it has come in handy a couple times when I needed access on the fly or didn't want to make certain communications on my monitored work computer.

I am curious now with this new tether tracking rumor with Gingerbread.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
"I am curious now with this new tether tracking rumor with Gingerbread."
It works fine, when I flashed to the deodexed rooted I tested my wireless tether and had no issues

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood