Purchased App Question

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a couple apps, but then installed a ROM (Liberty 2.0).

The apps I purchased were wiped, but I assumed the market would recognize my phone and let me download them again for free. The games I purchased, the market let me download again. Koush Bootstrap NO.

I would like Koush back but would rather not pay again. Anyone have an idea how to get it back without paying again?

Shoe_here

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The apps will be remembered by the Gmail account you used to purchase them. When you add your gmail account to your phone that you used to purchase the app, the app will come up as Purchased in the app store. For me, I have multiple gmail accounts and purchased apps through both of them, for the apps I purchased on the account not as the master on the phone, I had to download the apk on my computer at appbrain and type in the code I received in an email from the purchase.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, Koush got my $2 but didn't remember my email account.... :(

If purchased from the Market it isn't Koush, it is the market that has the issue. If you are logged into the market using the same email as you used to purchase, then your purchased apps should appear (check the bottom of My Apps list for purchased apps not installed).

If not showing, then you need to clear the cache for the Market (Settings/Applications/Market) and reopen the Market.

comfortably nub

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed on a few apps I have bought over the last few months that when Google decides to pull and return apps (or developers leave and come back) they usually do so with a new company name leaving you to having to repurchase the apps.
I also had to replace my phone due to physical damage and out of the three EA games I had bought I only see one of them in my purchased list. I have the email and paypal receipts but neither EA nor Google responds to anything. A few of my other apps now have new company names leaving me with nothing.
Anyways, invest in a backup utility and save everything. The Market has some ways to go before it is 100% worry free or safe to shop in imho. I find it pure BS to be allowed to resell applications and ignore older customers simply because you decide you no longer like your company name..