Gingerbread install on Droid X

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I know i am going to take some heat for this. Is there anyplace that has detail instructions to install Gingerbread on the DX? I have hundreds of posts on multiple websites and just don't get it. I also think this would be very helpful to a lot of others. When i had my Blackberry, there was a post on Crackberry that had screen shots and step by step instructions. It made it extremely easy for some one to install an update until they did it a couple of times. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to both of you. With a little help of a youtube video and your information, i am now fully rooted and on Gingerbread. The video actually made me feel kinda dumb. I was making this a lot harder than it actually was. Five minutes and done. No big deal.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to both of you. With a little help of a youtube video and your information, i am now fully rooted and on Gingerbread. The video actually made me feel kinda dumb. I was making this a lot harder than it actually was. Five minutes and done. No big deal.

HAHAHAHAHA......I know what you mean. I was all scared to try and flash the ROM as I was used to my BB methods. It took me forever to try any type of OS change on my DX. I finally just took the giant leap and it ended up being more like a shuffle step. Super easy once you try it.

Enjoy it, I love gingerbread.

My #1 by far is the cut/paste text selection changes and the change in inline editing. They are like 10,000 times better than in Froyo.