Sirius XM on Droid X

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Found a few threads on this but none with the X. I'm wondering if people are having any issues with Sirius XM on the X. I don't want to upgrade my subscription if the app isn't going to work correctly on my phone. Any info would be great. Thanks.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
have no issues running it on my X. it even works on gingerbread. i do have it have cut off after a while but its just my settings that need to change.

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on the phone. I have a X and the app cuts out or just slows my phone to a crawl. I don't know when they will update it but the iPhone version is much better! They just updated it recently.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had it for a while. Until I found out they still charge you for the monthly subscription fee even if you dont have money on the card that you stored with them. It ran decently for me listening to Howard100/101 all the time. Ofc theres gona be cuts and pauses because it is constantly searching for the best signal to the satellite. But it IS the only place to get Howard.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Still not sure if I should add it or not. I guess it wont hurt to try it, its only like 8 bucks more a month. Any one know if you can cancel the online extra any time you want?

mtjoy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you already have an existing XM Radio (like in your car) they only charge $2.99/mo extra for the online/phone service. You can opt out of the phone service online. I have been using the app without any issues.

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
i've been using the xm app since it was available on blackberry/iOS back in the day and the android one is great. i use it every day at least 2 hours a day in addition to streaming xm at my work computer.

if you go into the new account management system for sirius-xm i believe you *can* add and cancel services any time you want.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
You can add it and drop it as you wish, but keep a couple things in mind:

The thing doesn't go into landscape mode so if you have a car dock like I do, it is a pain.

The app will cut out for no reason, even with a full 3G signal.

The app tends to sound like an AM radio sometimes, and the quality of a song will go up and down during the song, which can be jarring. It sounds like someone hit the needle of a record that's playing when it happens. Quite annoying

The lineup for some strange reason is very limited on the app. You don't get the whole XM lineup. I was really shocked to learn that all of the sports channels are gone, well at least the play by play channels are, so no NHL playoffs and no MLB on XM.

I have used the app for about 6 months, but I am going back to the satellite radio unit.

The last thing that pisses me off about this app is it randomly restarts when you exit the app.
To me, it just doesn't cut it.

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree with broadway. Im telling ya though, the updated iOS version is great. Fast!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
the app has never re-started on me and the sound quality issue is XMs fault i believe because this has happened on the factory unit in my infiniti. actually it ended up going on for a week and i believe the root problem was on XMs side, as i said. sounds more like broadway may have a conflict of 3rd party programs.

sometimes the audio will cut out but this is easily resolved for me by hitting pause and play again.

i agree that this doesn't fully replace an in-dash or factory unit but it's a GREAT alternative for around the house and i also use it at the gym on 3G or when i'm mowing the lawn or snow-blowing in the winter. let's see i also use it when i have a rental car (i did alot of traveling in the last 6 months) and if i'm at a hotel and want to play it in my room, etc. well worth the couple bucks a month.

jab1472

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I had it for a while. Until I found out they still charge you for the monthly subscription fee even if you dont have money on the card that you stored with them. It ran decently for me listening to Howard100/101 all the time. Ofc theres gona be cuts and pauses because it is constantly searching for the best signal to the satellite. But it IS the only place to get Howard.

on my dx h100 and h101 volume is lower then other channels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol