former bb junky...upgraded to a droid x

Cjade

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
yeah, so okay...whats up with the confusing world of free ringtones? I used to use the crackberry website for my blackberry tour for a decent selection on ringtones and wall papers....since I've had my droid for only 2 weeks, it's starting to piss me off. anyone have a way to download free ringtones that doesn't involve editing or using several programs or apps in order to do so?
this girly wants ta know.... thanks!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Zedge... https://market.android.com/details?id=net.zedge.android&feature=search_result , it integrates into phones option to allow the ringers to be used as ringers without any extras apps.

attachment.php

Last edited:

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
You can still use the crackberry site and download ringtones. I also use myxer. Its really easy to use and its free.

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You can transfer your ringtones from your Tour memory card to your Android memory card too!
You just have to create the right folder on your SD card.
SDcard/ ringtones
SDcard/ notifications

Zedge what I use (mostly) to find new ones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
You can use your X as a flash drive with your PC by connecting with USB cable and putting X in USP mass storage mode (option shows up on pull-down notification panel over home screen). DO NOT install the Moto program that wants to do so every time you plug in the USB cable - doesn't do what the BB desktop program does.

Once connected, you can access your SD card as though it were a flash drive and drag/drop/edit/create folders, etc from your PC/Mac. In this way, you can add or subtract ring tones, notifications, etc. that you download. OR, as grazweb suggests (and I did, too), take your BB ringtones and drag/drop them into the appropriate folders. On mine, the folders were under Media > ringtones or notifications. There may be a separate folder for these as well.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ring tone customization is a real weak point on Android (and iOS to be honest) compared to BBs. There are several good solutions, but all of the require new apps, or the extra step of transferring them to your phone from a computer. Anyhow, the solutions offered above all work well, and there's more than enough reasons to prefer the X in other areas, but I too found this frustrating when I switched last summer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood