Vibrate Function

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My husband had back surgery that damaged some nerves in his legs, and he has some trouble feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket. Was wondering if there's a way to turn up the intensity for the ringer? A 3rd party app is fine, but I was thinking root might be required. If so I'd be kind of excited anyway, since maybe it'd finally be the thing that gets him to root his phone! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I did some googling and it seems alot of people have ttried to find a way to increase the vibration intensity with no luck. Some electricians suggested interior work on the unbalanced vibrate motor our phones have. Too technical,lol. ALso most apps let u change the pattern but thats not what you need. Even the "pocket rocket" apps cant control intensity, although many are sayinng as soon as google allows editing of that, the dev's will work on it as its in demand to intensify.

Reactions: ndwatkins

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
There are also some bluetooth watches/wrist bands that can be paired with the phone that has vibration alert. Might be worth looking into. I haven't researched this much, but might be an idea that would work in your husband's situation.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am unsure if this will help or not but SMS Chat has a option to change the vibrate to a number of different patterns including a constant vibrate..

Its free from Market so it wont hurt to try this..

JUST THOUGHT ABOUT THIS, THE APP IS ONLY FOR MESSAGES BUT DOES NOT WORK FOR PHONE RINGERS... SORRY MAY NOT HELP YOU KNOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just did a Google search and found a list of apps that was reported may help...

Here's the link...
android.stackexchange.com/questions/1217/is-there-a-way-to-customize-vibrate-patterns

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
DL "sms popup" from the market. You need to deactivate standard notifications and activate this app one DL'd but you can customize your own Vibe pattern or use what's available within the app

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help all :) Will hit the buttons when I'm back at the computer. It's not that I can't Google, just thought someone might have been in a similar pickle around here. Thanks again everybody! :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
DL "sms popup" from the market. You need to deactivate standard notifications and activate this app one DL'd but you can customize your own Vibe pattern or use what's available within the app

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

Ha Ha, I said SMS Chat but I meant SMS Popup... Another brain lost moment :confused::-!:D

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know about the mechanics of the vibration on our X? Sounds like if the motor intensity was changed(off balance) it would vibrate stronger for her husband. All were really doing is providing apps that change the pattern but the husbands issue is feeling deficiency which means it must be a stronger tone of vibration. Just thought that thought might help out since I cant contribute mechanically.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
SMS Popup app is a great addition, even beyond the vibration aspect. I've been using it for a long time and wouldn't want to do without it. Very convenient and customizable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol