Installed New GB Update Now Problems

smith.jd26

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the new update as the new post had said. Now Launcher Pro and Handcent keep force closing and my phone is rendered useless. PLEASE HELP. I don't know what to do.

Thanks

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
i was wondering about potential problems with the update and launchers such as adw and lp. should thrid party launchers be uninstalled before updating?

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall LauncherPro, power off, take out the battery for 30 seconds, put back battery and power on. Try this before you wipe your phone (if you don't want to lose your set up)

smith.jd26

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
how is that possible if my launcher pro and handcent are force quitting from the second I boot up the phone. Should I try to flash Froyo onto my phone using rsd lite or not? It literally force quits every time I boot my phone... so what is the best way to solve that? I literally cannot get past booting my phone??

Sorry for this being so technical but idk how to resolve the problem.

d

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
how is that possible if my launcher pro and handcent are force quitting from the second I boot up the phone. Should I try to flash Froyo onto my phone using rsd lite or not? It literally force quits every time I boot my phone... so what is the best way to solve that? I literally cannot get past booting my phone??

Sorry for this being so technical but idk how to resolve the problem.

d

Then wipe the phone rather then SBF back to FroYo. After the wipe if it still continues then you need to decide if waiting for the OTA push to occur rather then the manual install file

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you don't know how to enter the recovery to wipe the phone.

Power off.
Hold Home key down and hit power button.
Release power when phone starts to boot and continue to hold Home.
When a triangle with an ! appears, press both Vol up and down key at the same time.
You are now in the factory recovery for Gingerbread and can wipe.

If the phone continues to have problems, you will need to SBF back to Froyo using RSDlite. At that point, I would highly recommend waiting for the update to become OFFICIAL and be pushed out to your phone.

Reactions: Arelunde

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you don't know how to enter the recovery to wipe the phone.

Power off.
Hold Home key down and hit power button.
Release power when phone starts to boot and continue to hold Home.
When a triangle with an ! appears, press both Vol up and down key at the same time.
You are now in the factory recovery for Gingerbread and can wipe.

If the phone continues to have problems, you will need to SBF back to Froyo using RSDlite. At that point, I would highly recommend waiting for the update to become OFFICIAL and be pushed out to your phone.
Thank you for this...I was wondering how to get the recovery menu to come up.

Additionally (for newbies or those that just don't know), you use the volume keys to go up and down in the menu and tap the power button to select the highlighted item.

Reactions: Arelunde

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Based on the number of problems, it seems pretty likely that this is not an official, final OTA update?

What problems are you referring to?

I went a head and made the update and everything is working perfectly - launcher pro kept force closing to begin with but i turned the DX off and then turned it back on and it has worked fine since.

ti2grrr

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
OK so I have it all installed and it works after I factory wiped it but since this ISN't an offical update. I need to put Froyo back on my phone because I am suppose to be recieving a replacement phone from Verizon today. I can't send it back like this with a unoffical update on it. So how do I get Froyo back. HELP! Maybe this will help people also who want to uninstall Gingerbread after they installed too.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Based on the number of problems, it seems pretty likely that this is not an official, final OTA update?

The issues seem to be with 3rd party apps, this is why wiping a device before updating a OS is wise... Update isn't tested with 30 - 40 apps installed on the test unit, it is done on a clean image originally... You blaming the OS for something out of its control.