another way 2 access USB options..?

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
So here's the deal. I installed the gingerbread leak when it dropped a while back. So of course I lost root. I have been wanting to get the rooted gingerbread on my phone now, but the only thing is...when i plug my phone up to the computer via USB..the usual notification that shows up in the notification bar allowing me to switch from mass storage mode & so fourth doesn't show up. I'm not sure if this is due to the leak, or something wrong that I have done.

Hopefully one of u geniuses of the forum can help me. If there is a topic similar, hope i didn't bypass it because i did a lot of google searching b4 i made this. lol thanks in advance.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
don't thank there is that option. I just looked in settings. have u tried just tried plugged in your X to computer and see what happens. if you want root you need to sbf back to froyo then dl the Deox/rooted GB.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have tried just plugging it up and all my phone does is charge. and I have tried to sbf back but rsd Lite doesn't see my device. Im familiar with the process but im just assuming that the fact that when i'm in bootloader and rsd doesn't see my device has something to do with the fact that when I plug my phone up to a computer all it will do is charge but the usb options that are suppose to show up in the notification bar...just dont.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
2 thoughts, boot the phone into the bootloader by holding the power and the volume buttons down then plug it into the usb, and try running RSD Lite as admin if you are using windows 7

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried just plugging it up and all my phone does is charge. and I have tried to sbf back but rsd Lite doesn't see my device. Im familiar with the process but im just assuming that the fact that when i'm in bootloader and rsd doesn't see my device has something to do with the fact that when I plug my phone up to a computer all it will do is charge but the usb options that are suppose to show up in the notification bar...just dont.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Have you tried another port or another cable.... Status menu should work but for now you can try Power Widget from https://market.android.com/details?id=at.abraxas.powerwidget.free, it allows you to mount drive without dropping status menu.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I got everything resolved, just to let you guys know. It sure nough was the USB cord that I was trying to use. For some reason it wouldn't do anything but charge. But After that situation was settled everything went smoothly. lol Thank you all 4 your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney