Tethering and WiFi hotspot in settings

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I know Google loves us and thinks WiFi tethering should be free, I noticed that tethering and WiFi hotspot are now in the settings. My question is, is this just like tethering on the Nexus line of devices, or if I enable it will VZW gladly add tethering to my plan? I know this is wishful thinking but VZW please think like Google and play nice lol.

Last edited:

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
You should be redirected to a page to sign up for that service. It shouldn't work without the appropriate plan.

Make sure you have WiFi off. The first time I tested this it was working, but discuvered it was using my home WiFi connection and not 3G. As soon as I turned WiFi off, I was redirected to a page to sign up for service. No damage done.

Reactions: kentusmc

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
You should be redirected to a page to sign up for that service. It shouldn't work without the appropriate plan.

Make sure you have WiFi off. The first time I tested this it was working, but discuvered it was using my home WiFi connection and not 3G. As soon as I turned WiFi off, I was redirected to a page to sign up for service. No damage done.

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My account requires a 4 digit security code before allowing any changes to my plan. Activating the 3g hotspot does not direct me to Verizon, nor does it require my security code. As far as I'm concerned, it's free tethering. The security code is their requirement, not mine.

Reactions: kentusmc

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
My account requires a 4 digit security code before allowing any changes to my plan. Activating the 3g hotspot does not direct me to Verizon, nor does it require my security code. As far as I'm concerned, it's free tethering. The security code is their requirement, not mine.

Very nice!

Kansas

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol