Gingerbread Manual update Q

ncolliso3188

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so im fairly new to android os and the question i have is after downloading the update.zip and transfering it to my sd card. When i get to the factory recovery and go to wipe data/factory reset, will i lose all my contacts and basically everything on my phone?? like i said, im new to this stuff and am looking forward to using gingerbread. Thanks in advance for helpful replies

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so im fairly new to android os and the question i have is after downloading the update.zip and transfering it to my sd card. When i get to the factory recovery and go to wipe data/factory reset, will i lose all my contacts and basically everything on my phone?? like i said, im new to this stuff and am looking forward to using gingerbread. Thanks in advance for helpful replies

Yes. I use MyBackup Pro to back everything up and then restore it afterwards. It will back up everything, but I usually focus on things like SMS/MMS and settings. (and it WILL restore everything for them, which is awesome since you won't lose your texts)

I actually just updated without wiping first, and it was a mess. Some have said you don't need to wipe, but I would highly recommend it just to save yourself some headaches.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
One thing that many of us have done to get around the contacts issue is to enter all our contacts into our gmail accounts. This way all your contacts are always backed up on Google's servers, they will automatically come back to the device once you sign into your account, and when you switch Android phones or switch carriers, you can get them right back without having to let a rep "transfer" your contacts and mess them up or miss some.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12