I need some help and im getting the run around looking myself. I installed what was suppose to be the " official" GB from Verizon, knowing that today I have a replacement coming and wasn't too worried about messing things up. BUT now not that I don't like GB I can't tell ship this back to Verizon with an unofficial OS on it... So how do I roll back to GB I'm newer to DROID but its not like I don't know how to do stuff being a former BB owner for years and I can't find the right link or forum to point me on the right direction. AS for GB as soon as I set up my replacement Im switching my new phone to it.It definitely is a better build.
    04-13-2011 11:15 AM
    04-13-2011 01:24 PM
    HELP!!! still... None of these links there could I find were valid links at all. Tried some and they all stop loading with things like invalid signature etc... Does anybody have a "still workin" link to Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon at all? I at least now know how to load unload and factory reset my Droid now. HA! I just wanna put the original software back on my old phone
    04-13-2011 03:33 PM
    That link appears to have everything you should need to flash back. What issue are you having?

Follow instruction here...

Keep in mind to get into Bootloader to install from 2.3.3. GB you have to press Volume Up and Down and power and then plug in device....
    ti2grrr likes this.
    04-13-2011 04:31 PM
    Send it back the way it is. They wont care about what OS is on there. I did it all the time with blackberries.
    04-13-2011 04:46 PM
    Send it back the way it is. They wont care about what OS is on there. I did it all the time with blackberries.
    Don't do it refurb Droid X's are horrible! I had to email VZW exec's to get them to send me a new one after 6 bad phones in a row.

If you have .340 sbf use RSD Lite, in admin mode if you are running Windows 7, I did it by booting the phone into the bootloader then plugging in the usb and flashing it back to 2.2

Try this link to download build .588: http://db.tt/zvgK4vM
    04-13-2011 06:09 PM
    Verizon is changing their policies on rooting and becoming more strict so I wouldn't do this because you could get a 600.00 retail price added to your bill, I have seen this happen to co-worker so it can happen.
    04-13-2011 06:27 PM
    Verizon is changing their policies on rooting and becoming more strict so I wouldn't do this because you could get a 600.00 retail price added to your bill, I have seen this happen to co-worker so it can happen.
    Ouch, do they really have the right to do that? If anything they should simply send it back informing him that the warranty is void, that is pretty shady of VZW
    04-13-2011 06:29 PM
    Thanks all... the youtube video from wildman helped alot. I ain't gonna take the chances of being charged $600.
    04-13-2011 10:15 PM
    Ouch, do they really have the right to do that?
    If they send him a replacement device and the device he sends them is rooted or has evidence of having been rooted, then its warranty is void, which means that yes, they DO have the right to charge him $600. They have that right because he made a warranty claim on a device, they sent him a new one, and the one they received in return turned out to be ineligible for warranty claims.
    04-13-2011 10:24 PM
    There are ways to argue with them but it is easier to just rsd back and then send it back.
    04-13-2011 10:48 PM
    OK so here is the issue. I have it all loaded RSD lite etc but I can't get it reconized my device. Is version 4.8 not the right RSD for a Droid X?
    04-13-2011 11:15 PM
    That's the version I use and it works just fine.
    04-13-2011 11:39 PM
    I think I will wait for the OTA since all these problems keep happening I'm not a techy noob but I don't feel like jacking my phone up
    04-14-2011 12:33 AM
    I used the method posted at the following link. Don't have to mess with rsd and sbf file.

1. Downloaded the file noted HERE. All instructions are there as well.

2. Burned the .iso file using software imgburn.com.

3. Started up laptop from burned dvd in step 2.

Followed instructions. Very simple one step process once you've burned the cd/dvd.
    04-14-2011 01:06 AM
    OK so heres where I am on this issue... I have been 'schooled' in the last 24hrs on HOW TO...watched Youtube videos read forums learned terms etc etc but I can't get RSD to reconize my Droid at all...Any clues on how?? I've updated drivers I think I have the right ones??? Tried different versions of RSD. I've tried .340 zip files for recover mode instead...I have RSDlite. I have drivers. I have the SDFfile. My phone is in Bootloader 30.04 battery OK OK to Program trasnfer mode USB but but it aint working. I just want to get it back to offical so I can return the silly thing to Verizon. i still need HELP!!Any directions,links or other wise advice needed- Please and Thank you in advance....
    04-14-2011 09:17 AM
    I'm gonna try this... Thanks at this point it can't hurt
    04-14-2011 09:23 AM
    I second this
    04-15-2011 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD