Z4 Root on GB?

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
With the new update to GB, will a program like Z4 work to root the phone?
Or, will we have to revert and follow other instructions here?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You need to do your forum searching, reading, studying etc. For now yes Z4 will work on 2.2.1 so you can upgrade to the latest build.

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
That wasn't my question. I have done searching.
I want to know if a program like Z4 will work with the new Gingerbread after the update. I know I can revert back and do it, but wonder if Z4 or similar will work AFTER the upgrade.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
No, z4root will not work with Gingerbread. Anyone who has been following the Gingerbread threads since the original leak should know this.

Do not root your phone unless you have spent a great deal of time doing the appropriate research. Clearly, you need to spend a lot more time reading and researching before attempting to root your phone.

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I was just asking a question. Your snotty reply doesn't further the conversation.
Don't let a post count make you think I am stupid or you are an expert.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That wasn't my question. I have done searching.
I want to know if a program like Z4 will work with the new Gingerbread after the update. I know I can revert back and do it, but wonder if Z4 or similar will work AFTER the upgrade.

I see where the confusion lies. You only can root w z4 from froyo so you can get UP to the GB. After that no it will not work. And he wasnt being snotty. We have been running into ALOT of people that just dont read and study and learn before they root or upgrade etc.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Eventually, there will probably be an update to Z4 Root or another rooting app that will allow you to easily root the new GB. Until then you have to EXACTLY follow the steps posted over on the other forum.

Personally, I'm being lazy and waiting for a less time consuming way to root the new GB update.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
...Always choose Kindness and Good nature over Scrutiny and degradation...

But people love scrutiny and degradation! haha...

American Idol's new panel of judges chose kindness and good nature over scrutiny and degradation (Simon) and their ratings are at all time lows! :D

(...I wish we had the ducking smiley face with an apple being thrown emoticon.)

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This isn't American Idol or anything you will find on T.V.

I know its the internet, but there are real people on the other side. If I don't try and stop bullying then I am no better. If one person has a question I am sure there are many others that do too.

Wouldn't it be cool if people came here first to get their information? Instead of avoiding it because they know their question will be ripped apart for grammar, improper tech-verbage, or assumed as a lazy no-searcher.

I will not hijack this thread any further.

fwdiva

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
This isn't American Idol or anything you will find on T.V.

I know its the internet, but there are real people on the other side. If I don't try and stop bullying then I am no better. If one person has a question I am sure there are many others that do too.

Wouldn't it be cool if people came here first to get their information? Instead of avoiding it because they know their question will be ripped apart for grammar, improper tech-verbage, or assumed as a lazy no-searcher.

I will not hijack this thread any further.

Thanks, for saying that, they forget that at one point they were new and had questions. Android central is suppose to help people, not demean them. Sometimes all the information on here is overwhelming enough to find and then scarier to post or ask a question for us intermediate users. Easiest thing to do is just point them to the right thread or link. Quit scaring people away, we're suppose to want android users to grow in numbers and not just be limited to the experienced users. TGIF!!:cool:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok Ok I'll go ahead and say it. I do not consider myself an expert because of a high post count. I have said nothing demeaning or degrading. I simply told the truth. Those of us that have been around a while and have some level of expertise do run into many people, usually daily, that are either newbies or just dont have the know how about Android but fall into the hype of all the cool $hiT we can do to our devices. So they come at us with basically demands of telling and showing them how to do all the things we do without taking the attempt to learn themselves by studying our threads, reading instructions to the letter, etc. Which is the foundation of our forums. Myself, I started out less than a year ago asking alot of the same questions. You can see my post count is high simply because I asked questions once I exhausted other options then learned what I needed and passed it on. Now if someone comes across to you in a way you believe is harsh or mean even, theres a way to send them a private message(click their name) and talk to them about it so you can solve the issue and get back to what we do best here, advance our devices, not blow up threads of jawing back n forth. This site is open to any and all, but we do encourage effort, since thats what it takes alot of to learn from this place and its inhabitants. Hopefully this settles this and we can close this thread and move on. Out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon