Today at work I showed a buddy of mine my new droid x and he noticed that my home screens lag when I swipe through them, he told me I should swap mine. does anyone else experience lag with lwp?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    04-15-2011 09:01 PM
    04-15-2011 09:06 PM
    That's a radical response to something that might be easy to fix. Try a battery pull ... take battery out, wait at least one full minute for the residual power to drain, put battery back and turn on.

This will take care of a lot of little glitches. It needs to be done from time to time, especially if you've added or deleted a lot of apps. A partial reboot takes place when you turn the X off and on again. Always a good idea from time to time.

Also, don't go crazy with downloading apps. Not all are "friendly" and apps can conflict with your basic operating system and each other. If problems show up after you install an app, UN-install it and see if the problem goes away. Also, do a battery pull after the un-install.
    04-15-2011 09:07 PM
    Tried it did not work, also the video camera stutters alot while recording

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    04-16-2011 12:18 AM
    What is lwp? Live wallpapers? The only time live wallpapers work well for me without lag is when I'm on a ROM or overclocked.

Stock Froyo is not always a very smooth experience on the Droid X. That's why many of us root and tweak our devices.
    04-16-2011 12:21 AM
    i guess having the thunderbolt for a while kinda spoiled me ( i returned it and switch to the X do to battery life) best buy will probably kill me if i return a device again. with its smoothness im still within return policy maybe i should just give the TB its time and see if the battery life gets a bit better, then again i've noticed that in reality the Droid's battery life isnt that great either i suppose my iPhone which is my business phone has me very spoiled with its battery life what do yall suggest?
    04-16-2011 12:58 AM
    i guess having the thunderbolt for a while kinda spoiled me ( i returned it and switch to the X do to battery life) best buy will probably kill me if i return a device again. with its smoothness im still within return policy maybe i should just give the TB its time and see if the battery life gets a bit better, then again i've noticed that in reality the Droid's battery life isnt that great either i suppose my iPhone which is my business phone has me very spoiled with its battery life what do yall suggest?
    Lol. BestBuy told me that I could not return another phone nor buy another one from their store in my town because I have swapped them so much. To the OP, the screen lag is common on the Droid X. It's MOTO blur not the phone. If you use LPP it will take care of the lag.
    04-16-2011 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD