Droid X Replacements

Tywone

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Long story short I've had service since Oct 2010 with my Droid X, since then I've had to 4 replacement devices which I received the last one this past Thursday and the very next day I could not make a phone, receive a call. I went into a Verizon store only for the tech to simply order another replacement #5. I asked if I could switch to another device they offered a LG Ally, LG Devour which doesn't hardly compare to a Droid X. What are my options if any with Verizon, I just want a phone that works longer than a month. I mean I love my phone but good Lord can I get more than a month of usage out of it before it nuts up. Every time I call or go to a Verizon store they always check for insurance and there remedy is just send out another phone. :'(

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Long story short I've had service since Oct 2010 with my Droid X, since then I've had to 4 replacement devices which I received the last one this past Thursday and the very next day I could not make a phone, receive a call. I went into a Verizon store only for the tech to simply order another replacement #5. I asked if I could switch to another device they offered a LG Ally, LG Devour which doesn't hardly compare to a Droid X. What are my options if any with Verizon, I just want a phone that works longer than a month. I mean I love my phone but good Lord can I get more than a month of usage out of it before it nuts up. Every time I call or go to a Verizon store they always check for insurance and there remedy is just send out another phone. :'(

Has it all been for the same problems? If so, check to see if your state has a lemon law.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you're in a bad coverage area - have you had any other Verizon phones that worked better in your current location? Does your X work better if you take it somewhere else?

Tywone

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm happy to report they allowed me to purchase the Thunderbolt for $200.00 an early upgrade, 89.99 off my next bill and 9.99 off my data plan for one year due to my issues, of course all of required another 2 yr agreement lol. I gladly accepted it, so hopefully the Thunderbolt will be much better, and can't wait until Friday to get my hands on it. Oh about questions above, no it was not rooted.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have had 4 replacement Xs since July 2010. All for different issues. I have been on the stock os the whole time. 1 device even arrived dead. Had to have a replacement right out of the box. This "Certified Like New" business is for the birds!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781