Droid X refusing to Notify me!!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm no longer getting email notifications from my business account. When I check manually they are there but I'm no longer getting alerts on the notification bar.

Any Ideas on what to do? Would this be a hardware problem or should I call "Big Red" really don't want to hope you guys can help me cause those over at big red are literally "stuck on stupid"!! This is only happening with my business account.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked the notification settings under Messaging / Left Menu / Message Settings / Email / Notifications? This is where this setting is....

attachment.php

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep that's why I don't understand why I'm not getting my notification.

Keep in mind that a number of 3rd party apps takes control of notifications when installed, I would check all messaging or notification apps that you installled because I bet its a app that causing your issue.

brianr8011

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm no longer getting email notifications from my business account. When I check manually they are there but I'm no longer getting alerts on the notification bar.

Any Ideas on what to do? Would this be a hardware problem or should I call "Big Red" really don't want to hope you guys can help me cause those over at big red are literally "stuck on stupid"!! This is only happening with my business account.

I had a similar issue with my exchange account a couple of months ago where it seemingly wouldn't check for new messages unless I did it manually. I tried everything I could through the menus as far as making sure that my settings were correct and hadn't been changed.

I ended up pulling the battery and that appeared to have fixed it. I don't know why it just quit working for no apparent reason one day, but just like with a Blackberry, a battery pull works like a charm.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my exchange account a couple of months ago where it seemingly wouldn't check for new messages unless I did it manually. I tried everything I could through the menus as far as making sure that my settings were correct and hadn't been changed.

I ended up pulling the battery and that appeared to have fixed it. I don't know why it just quit working for no apparent reason one day, but just like with a Blackberry, a battery pull works like a charm.
Battery pull not working.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me with my gmail. It wouldn't sync emails, calendar, or contacts. I fixed it by putting the Power Control widget on my home screen. Once on there, I realized that somehow the icon for sync wasn't activated. I activated that and it works again.

Not sure if you have the same problem, but it's worth a try.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me on my X a few times and on my Fascinate all the time. Some accounts like Yahoo or Gmail would notify just fine. POP accounts sometimes would and sometimes wouldnt. I ended up downloading K9 mail and I was fine with that. Wasnt my favorite email app Ive ever used but it worked. Give it a shot.