Why is HD Video so crappy on my Droid X?

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Im running the first 2.3.3 leak and trying to review CM7 on my Optimus V but it seems the Optimus V has clearer more focused recording which is entirely ridiculous..... Any ideas or thoughts?

sonofaresiii

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
what do you mean by "clearer more focused"? I can't speak on the Optimus V but oftentimes to an untrained eye a technically better image may appear worse in comparison to a technically worse image.

Now, since it's all opinion anyway, the "technically worse" image which looks better to you, may as well be better... but that's a different story.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
A common issue with "unfocused" photos/video is a smudgy lens. I have a microfiber cloth I use to clean mine, they're about $5 at a camera shop and cheaper versions also come for free with many electronics these days (especially with things like screen protectors, but my netbook had one and I think my X may have had one as well).

One more note, it's a lot easier to get good pictures with a 3.2MP camera than with an 8MP camera. The photosites are bigger and if everything else were equal you'd get much less noise which can produce sharper images.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a microfiber cloth and use it.. its not just my eye the video just isn't even focused . Not good enough to post it to YouTube