quick question if you have experience this let me know the outcome.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If I do a Factory reset will I loose all my accounts sign in info like foursquare,maps, the market or will it just automatically save my info and I will be able to login as usual once it resets.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes - it will wipe all account info. some apps store data to the SDC and that data will be safe, but anything written to the phone will be wiped.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep. It's an out-of-the-box experience. However, generally it doesn't take as long as expected to reload apps (as long as you have a list of them somewhere). The X can download multiple apps at once, so re-installing from My Apps in Market goes pretty quickly. It's the free ones you have to find and dl.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
What about google maps I will loose my starred places, and info stored as far as friends ect...I wont be able to just sign in and my info and friends,starred places will be there.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
What about google maps I will loose my starred places, and info stored as far as friends ect...I wont be able to just sign in and my info and friends,starred places will be there.

Before you do a reset you should make sure things like friends' addresses are saved to the corresponding contacts entry and make sure that gets backed up to Google's servers. As for starred places like restaurants you may like, those should automatically back up to Google's servers as well. If you sign in on the Google website and go to Maps you should see a list of your starred places.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Before you do a reset you should make sure things like friends' addresses are saved to the corresponding contacts entry and make sure that gets backed up to Google's servers. As for starred places like restaurants you may like, those should automatically back up to Google's servers as well. If you sign in on the Google website and go to Maps you should see a list of your starred places.

How do i get them back up to the server and does that include Lat. friends, will i still be able to log in as usual on there too and not have to send friend request again? That's an automatic back up right?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance