GB Update May 10th?

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually not seeing any of those issues. But obviously with something like this, issues arise on a case by case basis.

The keyboard not showing the punctuations and predictions might also be app related. I am using Twitter for Android and this is mainly where I have the issues.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
What? Are you serious? This is definitely NOT true. I have run into a few bugs involving keyboard, word prediction, and random reboots.

He's still right, technically. You, the (presumed) human, made the error of installing GB. ;)

If you're actually a robot, carry on. And please don't kill me.

For the record, I made the same error... and don't regret it at all :p

russelb

Sep 30, 2010
www.russlawaz.com
I have not had any major problems that were Gingerbread's fault. So far, I am really glad I upgraded. I was not happy with the default GB keyboard, so I installed the trial of SwiftKey and have been pretty happy with it. I will probably purchase SwiftKey when my trial expires.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that this thread has morphed from a discussion of a prediction of the expected release date on the GB OTA of May 10th, to a general exchange about which bugs are in which operating system.

I'm perfectly fine with that, since I think the projected date was based on smoke anyway, and it's an interesting exchange, but does anybody have any actual reason to believe that they can suggest when the OTA might really start? I'm hanging on to my leaked leaked 588 version GB with root, not wanting to have to revert back to stock Froyo until the OTA becomes available.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
These things are never clear.

It will happen tomorrow. On the slight chance it doesn't, read this paragraph again every day until it's true. =)

Sent via Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
These things are never clear.

It will happen tomorrow. On the slight chance it doesn't, read this paragraph again every day until it's true. =)

Sent via Tapatalk

You're right, of course. Whoever really knows, if anyone does know more than a day ahead, wouldn't risk his job by divulging the date. Thinking back, though, I think Verizon gave us some forewarning with the Froyo update on a URL that extolled all of the wonderful things that the update would bring to us. I think that one went online a week or more before they actually began, but I can't remember the URL.

In the meantime, I'll just stick with GB until things change.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that 5/10 is the date of google IO. Perhaps that's why the author chose it. Not that I think it has any relevance on when big red releases the software, but perhaps the author thinks these updates come straight from Google (they should!)

Sent via Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that 5/10 is the date of google IO. Perhaps that's why the author chose it. Not that I think it has any relevance on when big red releases the software, but perhaps the author thinks these updates come straight from Google (they should!)

Sent via Tapatalk

No kidding. It will never happen, of course, unless Google buys the carriers, but it would be terrific to eliminate the layering and skinning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch