GB Update May 10th?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I missed something, but I don't see from the article how May 10th has any credibility.

The author seems to have just made up and thrown out a random date that sounded plausible, but didn't offer anything to substantiate how he derived it.

Maybe he does actually have some inside knowledge, but I am skeptical.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
From what I hear on these forums, there are still some bugs to be worked out in the leaked GB. I will wait for the official OTA.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The bugs on the leaked GB have patch fixes. I think it is more stable that froyo, and much faster. OTA should make you very happy:)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Stock GB from the OTA manual install works very well!! Lots of goodies with GB and worth either waiting for or installing yourself. Haven't had any major problems. It's enough different from Froyo that you need to learn some new things, but that's the fun of it!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just hope GB fixes the lag with Google Search and stops my data from randomly shutting off and making me turn Airplane mode on and off to get it working again.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
From what I hear on these forums, there are still some bugs to be worked out in the leaked GB. I will wait for the official OTA.

The bugs that your hearing about are ALL human error related, but if you your not root savvy then yes waiting for OTA is a smart thing to do.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
The bugs that your hearing about are ALL human error related, but if you your not root savvy then yes waiting for OTA is a smart thing to do.

What? Are you serious? This is definitely NOT true. I have run into a few bugs involving keyboard, word prediction, and random reboots.
I am now back on Froyo and no longer experiencing any of those issues.
I did a factory wipe before installing Gingerbread.

EDIT:
Also remembered some more bugs:
Some apps have that blue "mask" over it and will randomly appear and disappear.
Slide to unlock is very jittery and doesn't always work.

Last edited:

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
What? Are you serious? This is definitely NOT true. I have run into a few bugs involving keyboard, word prediction, and random reboots.

I agree, there are definitely bugs in GB. I daresay that any OS written by humans has some bugs, especially with one as complex as this. Overall, for me though, it's a large step forward from Froyo IMHO.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

EDIT:
Also remembered some more bugs:
Some apps have that blue "mask" over it and will randomly appear and disappear.
Slide to unlock is very jittery and doesn't always work.

I'm actually not seeing any of those issues. But obviously with something like this, issues arise on a case by case basis.