Loss of 3G / Internet....HELP!

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello my esteemed Droiders!

I am currently running a rooted Droid X, v 2.2.1 with Liberty ROM v 2.0.1

I have been in love with no issues and suddenly yesterday I lost 3G / Internet access. It came back spontaneously once during the day but then has dropped since. I am able to use wifi to access the market but 3G / Internet is now gone.

Reboots have not corrected the problem.

Has anyone encountered this or knows of a way to remedy the matter?

For obvious reasons I can't run off to the Verizon store without flashing back to stock. So I am hoping I can find someone out there with a solution.

HOLLA!!!

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
are you sure you're not having an outage in your area? have you gone in the wireless settings to ensure you didn't toggle something in the ROM to disable data (many battery savers will do that), are you running juice defender or something without realizing it?

you may want to back up your stuff and boot into recovery mode and do a wipe, but hopefully you can get it back and running beforehand.

Reactions: xelhabb

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

I'm an uber NOOB! Battery pull brought everything back.

@RemmyZero, I considered an outage but checked with my wife who still had 3G / Internet access. I am pretty familiar with the ROM as I explored every aspect of it. However, you may have a point in its battery saving functions. It might cause 3G to stay turned off occasionally. I guess the battery pull is the remedy. It's just that I've had it running a while without issue. I am not running Juice Defender as it is totally not necessary with the Liberty ROM. I get fabulous battery life due to its battery saving functions.

However, has anyone else had this happen? Any chance there is a ghost in Liberty? Otherwise its an AWESOME ROM.

Last edited:

bwbeck

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
i lost my 3g today as well. i pulled the batt with no result and called Verizon she checked and there was no outage for my area and had me *228 and update with #1 option. after that all was well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton