Droid x battery life

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got a Droid x- How do I get better battery life? Any tricks? How do I get to charge to 100% I fully charge then remove from charger and goes directly to 99. Any hints or thoughts.

Thanks forum friends

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't use any battery apps and mine seems fine. Works all day streams music at night while charging.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I was able to use mine for 8 hours without charging quite easily with the stock battery. I purchased the extended battery a few weeks ago and now can go 12-14 hours without charging. That includes long stretches of my 6yr old daughter playing games and watching movies on it.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thats normal, batteries will explode, im exaggerating, battery will get damaged if kept at constant 100%, thats why it stops charging when full.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

willtothewong

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
im using the stock battery and im pretty impressed with the battery life i'm getting.

On a full day of various texts, emails, facebook'ing etc I still have 30 percent left after 7 hours of use.

i am not using any type of battery program.

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
+1 juice defender. i also rooted my phone and use SetCPU to clock down the processor whenever the screen is off. i made it 10 hours without charging, very light use and still had 50% battery (on the stock battery).

i had the seidio extended slim battery and i would recommend it but i've recently had trouble with mine and need to contact them about it. otherwise get the moto extended battery for $50.

russelb

Sep 30, 2010
www.russlawaz.com
Get a car charger and use it when you are in the car. Keep a charger at your office and keep your phone plugged in at work. Also, the BH6X extended battery will get you more juice to last you through the day. Using GPS will drain your batteries quickly; I learned this the hard way on a trip to Washington D.C. right after I got my DroidX. I also now have an Energizer XP2000 rechargeable battery I carry with me when I travel or am going to be away from a charger for a long period of time.

kds

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Is juice defender basically the same premise as task killers? I know that some debate the usefulness of task killers.

Sent from my Motorola Droid X using Tapatalk

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you just got it, be patient. Right now you are likely breaking it in and putting it through its paces. Once you get to a stable spot, you will see battery life extend.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Is juice defender basically the same premise as task killers? I know that some debate the usefulness of task killers.

No. Juice defender is not the same as task killers. Juice defender mostly manages your connections to optimize battery life. Task killers kill running apps.

Task killers = problems.

kds

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
No. Juice defender is not the same as task killers. Juice defender mostly manages your connections to optimize battery life. Task killers kill running apps.

Task killers = problems.

Good to know. I've read threads about task killers, and I wasn't exactly sure how juice defender worked. Thanks!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the native battery manager. Works well, 12+ hours on heavy moderate use. Stock battery with live wall ....

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
so your saying dont use a task killer at all? I have juice defender and advanced task killer.
I guess i really dont use the task killer its just there.

So should i get rid of it? should i upgrade juice defender?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Task killers won't harm anything as long as you do not have it on auto kill all. I have a task killer and it helps here and there but how I use it is just like windows task manager.

I rarely open up task manager. I usually use it if one of the apps I'm using is lagging or hung up but I can still get to the home screen. I will open up the task killer and select that app and close it out. That is the only way I use task killer. It helps so you do not have to reboot the phone.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Another way to get good battery life is to turn the display brightness down as much as you can stand it. I usually only need it about %25 in my home, although outside it pretty much needs 100%. But if I am inside all day and have it set low or to Auto, it really saves the battery. I haven't used it a lot today, other than some browsing, updating Market apps, and taking some pics of my daughter's soccer game, but after 12 hours I am only down to 80%! If you look at the stats of what is using up your battery, you will almost always see "Display" listed #1.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Dude just charge your batteries every night like the rest of society ...he he he. ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk