Major contact problems (again )

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Here we go again, few weeks ago same thing happened. Now, unfortunately other than just a few contacts getting fouled up-its ALL of them. Over 100! Pictures missing or switched to other contacts, contact information literally switched. For example, my wife info is now with my companies customer service information. Friends phone numbers switched, emails switched. Freaking MESS! As with before I haven't added anything or done anything to cause this. I have already returned one Droid X for another problem and after just 7 months of owning this phone.... I am not impressed. Is there anything someone can recommend, an app perhaps to blow up my contacts and start over? I don't want to re-set the phone again if I can avoid it. Thxs

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Be suspicious of the Verizon auto-backup app. The Vz website is getting to be similar to the Gmail website in that there is a contact list and a way to access your email. It's the Vz contact list that makes a mess of things on the Gmail-based X. Vz doesn't sync well with your X's contacts. Old, deleted and duplicate info is often the results, with multiple links to each contact - some good and most old or wrong.

Answer: go to My Verizon website and DELETE ALL CONTACTS THERE. Don't freak. It won't affect your X's Gmail contact's list. That's backed up in the Gmail cloud. This should take care of most issues, but you may have to individually clean up your X's contacts - worth checking them. Also, you should periodically check the Vz site to delete any new contacts that have accumulated there.

Even if you do NOT activate the Vz Backup app after you do a Factory Data Reset, the backups will still occur to some degree. So you still need to check the Vz website from time to time. PITA, but fact of life.

Reactions: RTR13

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Could always root your phone and freeze the backup service :) I froze it on my Droid X. I only use the gmail backup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol