Netflix works on X

sparhawke2000

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have it running on the Droid X (.595 Gingerbread), and it works perfectly. I've watched two movies without any problems. The app would be much better if you could actually manage the Queue.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
working on .573 build no problem. on my first month free trial of netflix...prob gonna cancel before its up. very un-impressed with selection.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
as soon as Offical GB is launched im sure we will get the offical Netflix app.. But who knows when that will be! lol

No, I suspect the opposite to be true. Netflix is only officially available for phones with Snapdragon processors. I think it will be months before OMAP processors are officially supported. GB tricks the app which is why it works.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the matchmaking with .588 went awry because even though I haven't gotten this, I have seen almost everyone w success on 595

Hate to be the one to tell you, that is the only build that seem to not work. All the rest seem fine.

******4.5.573, .591, and .595 seem to work fine.

PmCode

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hate to be the one to tell you, that is the only build that seem to not work. All the rest seem fine.

******4.5.573, .591, and .595 seem to work fine.

Hate to tell you, but that's not true....

4.5.588, rooted leak

installed Netflix APK, logged in, could choose anything, but it never seemed to want to fully load, just a "black screen", so then I did the following:

installed JRummy's Root Tools, edited build.prop replacing ro.product.model=DROIDX to HTC Vision
and ro.product.manufacturer=motorola to HTC then rebooted. Netflix loads, I can choose and watch anything. I also made sure to update flash to 10.3.

I take no credit for this, as I saw this on numerous other sites, about editing build.prop, and changing the two keys to different settings. It just happens the HTC one worked for me.

Hope that helps....

PmCode

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else done the build.prop edit trick?

I just figured out that it totally messes with Swype, of all things. Not sure how many other programs it will mess with. Swype no longer accepts whole words, just individual key presses. I switched back to the multitouch keyboard, then back to Swype, and got an error saying it was installed for a different device, and will only work with limited functionality.

DAMN.......

leaked, rooted 4.5.588

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

4.5.588, rooted leak

installed Netflix APK, logged in, could choose anything, but it never seemed to want to fully load, just a "black screen", so then I did the following:

installed JRummy's Root Tools, edited build.prop replacing ro.product.model=DROIDX to HTC Vision
and ro.product.manufacturer=motorola to HTC then rebooted. Netflix loads, I can choose and watch anything. I also made sure to update flash to 10.3.

I take no credit for this, as I saw this on numerous other sites, about editing build.prop, and changing the two keys to different settings. It just happens the HTC one worked for me.

Hope that helps....

Good to know, Thanks!!

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

4.5.588, rooted leak

Hope that helps....

Worked for me.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they have an apk file over at XDA that has device check disabled. This means it will pretty much work with any build. I ran it on my X running stock Froyo. Streamed perfectly. Here's the link:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled)

Wow. I am choosing to stick with Froyo for other reasons, but I was seriously contemplating switching to a leaked GB build to try Netflix....now I don't have to and can keep my custom froyo rom (Liberty 2.0.1) for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney