Questions from a guy coming from a Palm

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My last device was a Pre plus from Verizon. The phone was behind the times, but was unbelievable easy to modify. With the Palm phone you could easily "root" the phone and once you did you could install programs like preware which allowed you to install patches, themes and easy overclocking. Along with these things you could install homebrew apps.

So, here is my question. If I root my Droid x is there a program like preware that you can install to have access to all these features?

It was also easy to go back to stock if you had trouble with the phone. How easy is it to return the droid x to stock?

Thanks in advance.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
My last device was a Pre plus from Verizon. The phone was behind the times, but was unbelievable easy to modify. With the Palm phone you could easily "root" the phone and once you did you could install programs like preware which allowed you to install patches, themes and easy overclocking. Along with these things you could install homebrew apps.

So, here is my question. If I root my Droid x is there a program like preware that you can install to have access to all these features?

It was also easy to go back to stock if you had trouble with the phone. How easy is it to return the droid x to stock?

Thanks in advance.

If you can follow directions, it is easy to root (Froyo has a 1 click root app) Gingerbread TBD. You can customize as much as you would like: Themes, Roms, Widgets, Launchers, Overclock..................
The best advice one can give you here is to do your research and read, read, read, read.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, the Pre! I had one of those a while back. Definately a fun phone.

As for an app similiar to Preware, no, we don't have anything like that (that I'm aware of).
Patches are crazy easy to install on the X though. Generally it's a .ZIP format file that you simply drop on your SD card and apply it.

For going back to stock. Even easier as long as you make backups of your system before you pull the trigger on something new. Either A) restore a backup of a specific date. B) Worst case scenerio use the RSD Lite software and load a SBF file. This nukes and paves your phone back to out of the box condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781