How do you turn off an X?

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My X is running the GB leak. Battery was getting low, and I needed to make some calls, later so I shut it off. Hold down the power button on top, then select Shut Down. Unit appears to shut down fine.

Problem is - a few minutes later it starts up again! I did that process three times. It just won't stay off. Is there something in GB that would cause this? Could an application actually start the device? Only possible explanation seems to be that is not completely shutting off in the first place.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
That behavior is very unusual. Sounds like something is running in the background -- an app or widget -- that is preventing it to shut down.

You might try a battery pull (battery out, wait at least 1 full minute, battery in, turn on). After it's all up and running again, try to shut it off the regular way. If it still pops back on, take a look at the apps you have downloaded and especially the widgets that may be updating frequently. Try deleting questionable apps/widgets and see if that helps. If you do it one at a time, you can find out which one is problematical.

If none of this works, you might consider returning it to Verizon for a replacement.

Bulldog60

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
What leak are you running? That bug has been reported in other forums and the update to .591 or .595 deodexed seem to have fixed the problem.

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Bulldog: From my System Status page, I am running Android 2.3.3, System Version 4.5.588.MB810. Where can I download the 595 version? Thank you.

Rocko: You're a big help. Thank you.

I did another battery pull. Problem seems to be eliminated. Must have been an application that wouldn't die.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I did another battery pull. Problem seems to be eliminated. Must have been an application that wouldn't die.

I had the same issue when I was running the first GB leak. Battery pulls would stop it for a lil while but the self reboot issue kept coming back. As the others have stated, with the latest update, the problem seems to be resolved.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ratchet - thanks for the note. Any idea where I can download the latest update?

If you are on .588 you have to update to .591 and then .595 to have installation complete successful.

MAKE SURE TO UPDATE IN ORDER AND FOLLOW THE DEVELOPERS INSTRUCTIONS EXACT OR YOU MAY HAVE TO SBF AND START ALL OVER..

Version .591
GingerBread DX (Blur 4.5.591) odexed, deodexed apps download

Version .595
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...w-leak-official-upgrade-path-gingerbread.html

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

If you are on .588 you have to update to .591 and then .595 to have installation complete successful.

MAKE SURE TO UPDATE IN ORDER AND FOLLOW THE DEVELOPERS INSTRUCTIONS EXACT OR YOU MAY HAVE TO SBF AND START ALL OVER..

Version .591
GingerBread DX (Blur 4.5.591) odexed, deodexed apps download

Version .595
New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread

Hey Wildman, any idea if it's possible to just flash directly to .595? (I am asking because I'm currently on Froyo 2.2 and might want to give GB a try)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz