will the GB ota update erase my apps, etc?

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Probably not, but I would get Titanium or MyBackupPro prior to the update just in case. Froyo did not run very well for many users without doing a factory wipe. I plan on doing a wipe on my device for GB.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you will lose a couple apps that aren't compatible with the new operating system and/or a few of the free ones. Best thing is to make a list of all your apps, particularly the free ones, so you can check afterwards. Market will download your paid apps without charge if any are missing.Just check "My Apps".

If an app you bought isn't listed in your My Apps, it is likely one that won't work with the new OS. I had a couple disappear after I did a manual OTA with GB. That seemed to be the reason. Also, sometimes you need to delete and re-install an app after an update, just to get it settled in properly. If there's suddenly some weirdness with an app after the update, try this.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
i have a question, i am unrooted and using adw launcher ex....will i need to go back and/or even delete adw launcher ex for the OTA to come thru or work properly?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
No. If the update comes to you, just update. The worst that may happen is the adw launcher will get squirly. In that case, uninstall it and then reinstall it. I did the manual OTA GB download couple months ago and had to do this with Launcher Pro Plus. After I did it, all was fine. You might find several apps that need this same procedure after the update. But, don't panic. It's designed to be as stress-less as possible.

However, just know that all your dl apps may not work with GB. Only after it's downloaded will you know for sure. Most apps, especially at this point with GB already in use as a leak, most apps are compatible. Would pay to make a list of your apps -- paid and free -- just so you can check up after the upgrade. Market will download (for no additional charge) any apps you have purchased in the past,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy