GB OTA Update..... Questions

morbious7

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I know this has probably been gone over but this is my situation n hopes to get some help or direction to help. I used the one click z4root n then did titanium backup n backed up the whole phone. I found the thread that listed the safe to freeze bloatware on my X... After going thru the bloatware, i came back n read thru the forums n then found that i had messed up. I didnt get the pay version of TB, so i ended up uninstalling the bloatware. I know i need to run a new backup before i try to revert back to stock. Am i gonna run into probs now when trying to get back to stock? Im still rather new to droid n its workings but read alot. I dont run any roms or anything custom. I just rooted to run TB n wireless tether n freeze/remove bloatware. Please n ty for any help.

S/N... Whats best method to properly get GB n get it operating smooth...

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused. If you backed up your entire phone before deleting the bloatware, can't you just reinstall that app from your backup? Or are you saying that you deleted the bloatware & then deleted the backup of the app too?

You may just want to flash the SBF and start from fresh. Then just leave everything "as is" until after you get the update.

Here are the instructions along with the necessary files:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-rooting-roms-hacks/83583-updated-sbf-instructions-gb.html