10-27-2011 03:59 PM
342 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    STANDIN ON THE EDGE BOUT TO JUMP...EXCUSE ME...LOL
    SHOULD I HAVE UNROOTED Z4 FROM IT FIRST BEFORE RSD 4.8 LITE FLASHING 2.3.15
    ORIGINALLY HAD LEAK 2.3.9 USD RSD 4.8 TO GO TO 2.3.15
    THAT TRIGGERED THE 1ST OTA UPDATE THE .340 I think it was...
    THEN THAT REBOOTED. SAID SUCCESSFUL THEN UPDATED WITH .596 SECOND UPDATE OR WHATEVER BREAD THAT MESSED ME ALL UP.
    SCREEN KEEPS SELECTING WHEN I SWIPE
    MARKET DOESNT WANT TO DOWNLOAD
    Z4 WONT ROOT FORCE CLOSES WHEN ACQUIRING SHELL
    SUPERUSER WONT UPDATE THE SU BINARY
    I CANT BOOT IN RECOVERY MODE. I HOLD HOME IT SHOWS THE BOX EMPTY FOR A SECOND THEN JUMPS TO THE TRIANGLE. BUT SEARCH DOESNT GIVE BOOT MENU ANYMORE.
    AND IM SURE EVEN MORE.
    CAN I RUN 2.3.340 SYSTEM ONLY SBF OVER IT AGAIN TO GET EM BACK? OR IS THAT BRICKCITY!!!!!!LOL
    I HAVE A "SHADO_X 2.3.34 SBF WITH 133MB ZIPPED AND 280 UNNNZD.
    HOW AM I LOOKIN FOLKS???
    MR. NO WHEREELSE TO GO A.K.A A DAY ONE DROID X. WZUP
    06-10-2011 12:48 AM
    standin on the edge bout to jump...excuse me...lol
    should i have unrooted z4 from it first before rsd 4.8 lite flashing 2.3.15
    originally had leak 2.3.9 usd rsd 4.8 to go to 2.3.15
    that triggered the 1st ota update the .340 i think it was...
    Then that rebooted. Said successful then updated with .596 second update or whatever bread that messed me all up.
    Screen keeps selecting when i swipe
    market doesnt want to download
    z4 wont root force closes when acquiring shell
    superuser wont update the su binary
    i cant boot in recovery mode. I hold home it shows the box empty for a second then jumps to the triangle. But search doesnt give boot menu anymore.
    And im sure even more.
    Can i run 2.3.340 system only sbf over it again to get em back? Or is that brickcity!!!!!!lol
    i have a "shado_x 2.3.34 sbf with 133mb zipped and 280 unnnzd.
    How am i lookin folks???
    Mr. No whereelse to go a.k.a a day one droid x. Wzup
    i jumped i guess im see what happens...system only sbf
    06-10-2011 12:58 AM
    For me, if I tap on the screen after the little photo in the corner disappears, it will reappear and I can tap it and then hit the menu button and delete.
    I can do that too. it just kinda sucks that if the pic is blurry i have to wait for it to disappear touch the icon then delete when you could just delete right then and there before the update.. Don't know why they thought this feature was not worth keeping..
    06-10-2011 08:08 AM
    Is anyone else experiencing lags in the phone? I have shut off my WiFi and my Bluetooth while here in my office and only have Weatherbug running and it still seems very sluggish. Any assistance?
    06-10-2011 09:05 AM
    I'm having a serious issue with my phone contacts. I had previously owned a BB and when I switched to the Droid X last fall, transferred all of my contacts to the phone via backup assistant. Now that I've updated to GB, the only contacts that show are the ones I have entered manually into the DX since that first transfer.

I thought I lost all of the other contacts, but recently received a call from someone whose contact info displayed when the call came in, but is not in my contacts. It's like they're still on my phone, but I can't find them. Could anybody help with this?!

Thanks,

Collin
    06-10-2011 10:50 AM
    Has anyone experienced a problem with clicking a phone number in the default browser? I used to be able to search for a business and then just click on the number and it would bring it up in the dialer. Now it just brings up the dialer, but the number is not inserted automatically. That is my one big gripe with GB as I frequently use the voice search to find a business and then just click on the number to call them while I'm driving. I hardly had to even look at the phone.
    That still works in Dolphin Browser HD.
    06-10-2011 12:34 PM
    i jumped i guess im see what happens...system only sbf
    Flashed full .340 sbf back up and running still no root
    06-10-2011 01:29 PM
    I'm having an issue when I long press on an app icon in my app drawer to put it on a home screen and click on "Add to Home" it sends me back to the home screen, but doesn't do anything and doesn't put the app out there.

Anyone else having this issue or now how to fix it?
    06-10-2011 05:29 PM
    I'm having a serious issue with my phone contacts. I had previously owned a BB and when I switched to the Droid X last fall, transferred all of my contacts to the phone via backup assistant. Now that I've updated to GB, the only contacts that show are the ones I have entered manually into the DX since that first transfer.

I thought I lost all of the other contacts, but recently received a call from someone whose contact info displayed when the call came in, but is not in my contacts. It's like they're still on my phone, but I can't find them. Could anybody help with this?!

Thanks,

Collin
    If you had your contacts syncing with backup assistant (this is a mistake, by the way...you're always better served by Google than by Verizon), they should all be stored in your Verizon account under a menu item called Backup Assistant. You may have to search a little to find it's location on the Verizon web site, as i can't recall it's exact location. You also have to logged in to your Verizon account (viewing it from a PC, not from your phone), or create a login if you don't already have one. If you do a search in Google (for something like "moving my verizon backup assistant contacts to google contacts"), you'll find some instructions for how to export them from backup assistant and import them into Gmail. Then everything will sync to your phone. Then, on your phone, go into Contacts>menu>more>settings>Contact storage and make sure Google is selected.
    06-10-2011 08:45 PM
    So I updated my wifes Droid X to gingerbread using the ota method. Now none of the apps like maps and navigation or music will work. Every time shes clicks on it, a force close messages appears. does anybody know a way to fix this problem. thanks for the help.
    If clearing the cache doesn't help, a factory reset will likely fix your problems and be easier than sbf'ing.
    06-10-2011 08:50 PM
    Flashed full .340 sbf back up and running still no root
    go here to acquire the correct sbf: http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ctions-gb.html

and go here to find the rooted gingerbread update youre looking for. make sure you read the instructions very carefully before you start. youll be using method 2, by the way: Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

no one has found a way to root the ota gingerbread once it has been applied, which is why z4root is not working for you once you update to gingerbread. using the method in the second link i gave you will give you a rooted version of the OTA.

and for next time, not typing in all caps and explaining your issue in complete sentences will typically get you a quicker response from the community
    MIC MAINE likes this.
    06-10-2011 11:23 PM
    Too many cons and no pros
    anybody know a way to go back to any of the previous sbf?
    How do i downgrade the bootloader so i don't brick it...again
    06-10-2011 11:31 PM
    Thanks for the help
    06-11-2011 01:29 AM
    I keep my Droid X in the dock at night next to my bed.
    Got the OTA GB and now my buttons light up like a xmas tree at night.
    Verizon rep told me to cover them with tape at night.
    06-11-2011 02:23 AM
    Texting....phone freezes. Phone calls ending at 00:00. Nice job google. Your new OS is as capable of windows ME. I do a battery pull twice a day now. Iphone 1 : google 0.

tapatalkin' while driving fast in heavy traffic
    06-11-2011 09:54 PM
    Lol, your motoblur, lol. Factory wipe that sucka.
    06-11-2011 10:25 PM
    I keep my Droid X in the dock at night next to my bed.
    Got the OTA GB and now my buttons light up like a xmas tree at night.
    Verizon rep told me to cover them with tape at night.
    Don't worry after 2 weeks they burn out never to lite up again Lets see is that a $90 repair?
    06-13-2011 07:24 AM

Thanks,

Collin
    Have you gone into menu>display options to make sure all the groups in Backup Assistant are checked?
    06-13-2011 08:28 AM
    Texting....phone freezes. Phone calls ending at 00:00. Nice job google. Your new OS is as capable of windows ME. I do a battery pull twice a day now. Iphone 1 : google 0.

tapatalkin' while driving fast in heavy traffic
    I'd try a factory reset, or switch to iphone if you prefer that device. None of those issues exist on my OTA Gingerbread.
    06-13-2011 09:51 AM
    I'd try a factory reset, or switch to iphone if you prefer that device. None of those issues exist on my OTA Gingerbread.
    mine either.

Sent from my DROIDX
    06-13-2011 09:56 AM
    They are brighter, WHEN they want to come on. I've been in a pitch black room and they don't come on. Very annoying.
    Same here. I'm going to try and check to see if they come on based on what I'm doing at any given time. Maybe it's an app driven thing.
    06-13-2011 11:21 AM
    My problem is going from wifi to 3g. When I leave my house and turn wifi off the phone won't kick into 3g. I have to turn it off and let it reboot in order to use any data.

Its getting very annoying to have restart my phone before I leave for work every morning.
    06-13-2011 12:34 PM
    I'm not seeing this problem at all, but I use Y5 - Battery Saver to automatically switch between known wifi networks and 3g. It's a free app if you want to try it. If that doesn't work, you could always try a factory reset. That usually fixes most weird problems.
    06-13-2011 12:39 PM
    Every other reboot I get the Red M and then a lit black screen.
    I let the phone drain today to "calibrate battery" since I did a factory reset.
    Plugged phone in from wall to charge, watched M load then black lit screen appeared.
    Pulled Battery, watched M load, then 0% battery loaded up.

At 100% full charge unplugged, press power, watched M load, again with the black lit screen. Looking over at it as I type, still black lit screen.

I noticed this after successfully installing 2part GB, so yes it was the same routine before i did the Factory Data Reset, which is why I did it.

Honestly every other reboot this happens and is only cured by a battery pull.

Any comments welcome.
    06-13-2011 08:32 PM
    Noticed that when my X is in the car Dock at night, all the car dock icons are the lightly glowing orangish color except for the top center "Direction/ Navigation" icon. it stays bright white.. Anyone else notice this? Another pretty annoying GB update bug that Bugs me!

Side note, the damn hard buttons like to stay on sometimes.. Wish they would just put it back like it was and take the hard buttons off the light sensor..
    06-14-2011 08:51 AM
342 ... 910111213 ...