[OFFICIAL] Droid X Gingerbread Impressions and Issues

vile4ever

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a very hard time swiping down to dismiss the multi-touch keyboard. Pretty annoying as I did this fairly often. The back button works to dismiss it most times, but still irritating that they made this simple operation much more difficult to perform.

chachazlo

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The new [blur] messaging widget when replying to a text, you need to close the keyboard to hit reply. (froyo the reply was on top) So annoying! Ideas, Anyone?

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Did the OTA update this morning. My first impressions:

Does anyone else think that Facebook on Gingerbread looks absolutely atrocious? The news feed is now dark blue and only turns white when you are scrolling. Also, there are big grey areas at the end of comments on statuses and links. It just looks ugly. Glad they're working on a new build. [COLOR="blue"No doesn't really bother meI][/COLOR]

think the blue/white GB theme clashes with some apps (ie: Tweetdeck). Would be nice if we could customize the color scheme. [COLOR="blue"]I am actually loving the color scheme because I am coming from a unrooted phone so I have been on stock froyo for about a year now, and was getting bored with the froyo color scheme...[/COLOR]

I'm liking the new cursor in the text box. WAY easier to use. Sad that Swype removed the emoticon button. Oh yes emoticons are gone! very very unfortunate I need my emoticons! lol no really.

I'm also having trouble getting the physical buttons below the screen to light up. They light up during the lock screen but seem to stay dark during actual use of the phone. haven't noticed an issue with mines.

The shortcuts for phone contacts on the main screen have changed a little. The picture is now smaller and the phone or message button is now larger. (I liked the larger picture.)

I don't like the new text messaging layout. The square, boxy look isn't appealing to me. It is, however, quite the opposite of iOS. Maybe that's what they were going for.
agreedresponses are in blue...Anybody running the netflix apk on 2.3.3 it works pretty good.

pixelsyndicate

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
using the 'soak' version, my quadrant is 1515 (after playing plants vs. zombies) :)
I don't think that's the best score I've had... froyo rooted was pretty nice. hopefully I can get this rooted quickly

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
PROBLEM: Contacts app opens from app drawer and dialer but when a contact is tapped it will not open. when tapped again, kicks out to home screen. Anyone else?

nmDXaddict

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My only two issues so far is that I've been using ADW as my launcher, and I want to check out the new GB stock launcher and every time I hit the home button, it takes me back to ADW...not a bad thing, but really wanted to check out what they have done. The second issue is the grey border around everything. Annoying but I think I can live with it.

sandman21

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Please help me! My phone has downloaded the update, however I don't want it! I selected install later, but will only delay for an hour. Is there any way to stop the install? I don't want to lose root or my tether! Please help!

wabadroid

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
My only two issues so far is that I've been using ADW as my launcher, and I want to check out the new GB stock launcher and every time I hit the home button, it takes me back to ADW...not a bad thing, but really wanted to check out what they have done. The second issue is the grey border around everything. Annoying but I think I can live with it.
I have same exact problem plus my LED notification lights no longer work.
I hate to un install ADW and set everything back up just to try Blur so guess I'll stick with ADW.
Getting a lot more force closes on ADW since the update...

Luppie

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Noticed a couple of things regarding my contact list...

1) The Email Heading says "Email %1$s"
2) People's birthdays are listed as numbers such as: -62157024000000

Just me?

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the new cursor for text input, but how the heck do you hi-lite/select multiple characters? I'm using Swype by the way.

Genericmessage00

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I take it the only way for stock (NOT ROOTED, NOT ROM) 2.3.3 .588 users to get the official upgrade (WITHOUT ROOTING or ROMS) is to SBF back to 2.3.340?

All of this confuses me. I need off of this leak, its messing up my X

nmDXaddict

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Just me?

Haven't noticed the email heading, but I do have the messed up birthdays as well.

rjcruz

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Received the OTA GB update last night. The update downloaded within a few minutes however after installing the update, my DX is completely bricked. Multiple battery pulls have not worked. The phone brings up the home screen then just completely freezes. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Got the update last night and I'm loving it. I've been on the first leak and the third one as well so I knew what to look forward to. Phone is a lot faster and responsive. I'm loving the new blur and the blue colors. I've always kinda liked moto blur a little anyway but now I like it a like it a lot more. I know that I'm in the minority with liking moto blur. I even like the social network widget. So I think I'm keeping my phone all stock for awhile. I give a shout out at moto for improving on moto blur and a shout out to Google for always coming out with really good firmware updates that constantly improving android. Could never or would I ever not own an Android phone. My phone feels new again.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Just me?

I think that birthdays have been converted to Star Dates with the GB update.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
the camera is not saving my settings. I'll take a photo, go take take another one in about an hour, and it defaults back to WS

I'm having this same problem. Also noticed I cannot change the ISO any longer, at least I couldn't find it under settings as in Froyo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38