10-27-2011 03:59 PM
342 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Yep, OTA'd mine just before noon. Took almost an hour but it installed flawlessly. Ran a Quadrant Benchmark and my 'stock' X hit 1624; no rooting/overclocking.

D/k about battery life yet.
    06-01-2011 03:13 PM
    For those that did the update OTA, did you have your "Backup and Restore" options checked or checked off? Remember how this was an issue when updating to Froyo? Will it be the same issue here?
    06-01-2011 03:19 PM
    Im downloading right now, i did a back up from this app called backup pro. hope it keeps my easy tether pro app still on the phone, i do not wanna pay the 20 bucks a month...anybody know if ill loose my app once the update finalizes the update.
    06-01-2011 03:25 PM

- Dragging lists past their end, used to "stretch/bounce" nicely off the top/bottom. Now. only get a faint blue shadow at list ends.
    Is this a feature? I thought it was a bug when I started playing with the update. Very ugly and not very polished if it is intended functionality.

I am also seeing the issue with birthdays showing as a long string of numbers.
    06-01-2011 03:31 PM
    I checked for the update at 4:30AM. It was these, so I downloaded it. It took about 5 minutes to D/L. The install took about the same. I have Launcher Pro and opted to keep it running. The update is lovely. The colors and graphics are richer. The flip between home pages is very smooth and quick. Every app I have tried has worked flawlessly.
    I should stipulate that I was running an essentially stock X with Froyo in its latest version, everything up-to-date. I am very pleased with the upgrade. It had a nice clean look and feel. Battery use seems about the same as it has been. All in all, a very simple transition with very pleasing results.
    06-01-2011 03:56 PM
    I am also seeing the issue with birthdays showing as a long string of numbers.
    I've seen this too. Kind of weird. Fight know what to make of it. Also seeing a texting error. If I start a text, back out before sending it (it saves as a draft), go back to it and finish it, then send it... It sends. But, when I hit the back button, I go back to the draft I have already completed and sent.
    06-01-2011 04:22 PM
    I have noticed that my DX no longer reboots when I connect it to my PC via USB anymore. Yay!!!!!
    06-01-2011 04:59 PM
    From reading the majority of the comments here it doesn't really sound like the best idea to take this update. I've tried a few times and keep getting installation error. Im not rooted but am running Bootstrap...wonder if this might be the issue.
    06-01-2011 05:30 PM
    Td Ameritrade no longer works!!! Neither does Firefox. I want 2.2 back!
    06-01-2011 05:34 PM
    gotten to spend a few days with the update. love the UI tweaks and look for the most part. really like the revamped dialer and app drawer. might actually end up keeping this thing stock for a while (who am i kidding? ).

only annoying bug that has cropped up it that after making a phone call in the car dock, for some reason, once i take it off, the phone defaults to speakerphone mode. minor inconvenience though
    06-01-2011 05:40 PM
    I updated my DroidX this morning, but now it can no longer access the SD card. Worked great right up to that point. Even tried reformatting the SD card. Still nothing.
    06-01-2011 05:43 PM
    Here in the Los Angeles area. I have not been able to pull the OTA yet. Anyone in area get it yet?
    06-01-2011 06:12 PM
    gotten to spend a few days with the update. love the UI tweaks and look for the most part. really like the revamped dialer and app drawer. might actually end up keeping this thing stock for a while (who am i kidding? ).

only annoying bug that has cropped up it that after making a phone call in the car dock, for some reason, once i take it off, the phone defaults to speakerphone mode. minor inconvenience though
    That'd be because the default mode to answer whilst in cardock mode IS speakerphone.

Some guy got lazy and forgot to put in a line of code to make it auto-off.

Moving on:

I was on .588 for awhile. So, I will cover the differences from that leak to the current REAL official build (as most people are probably already aware of the obvious changes from froyo to ginger)

Sadly there was no easy way for non-rooted users to upgrade their software. So just as many did I had to use RSD lite and SBF BACK to froyo, then pull the OTA.

It was okay, minus several apps in the market not existing to that specific build. Thankfully this newest build fixed all of that.

It was also slow on the keyboard. To the point that I could type out two sentences before the phone actually inputted it. It would buffer the whole dang thing. Very annoying when you find out you made a typo a paragraph back 0_o; Thankfully that has also been fixed.

Overall speed has also improved from .588. That is a big plus as it would lock down easily.

I didn't have any problems with maps E/W switching. Only with my actual GPS receiver going on the fritz. I blame .588 for this, as it has now been solved. (despite the ignorance of the verizon wireless employee who told me my phone wasn't a "satellite" phone and had NO GPS communication, *****).

So my speed is up, all my apps are compatible. My amazon store had all my apps in it no problem (Although the market didn't re-download ALL of my old apps, just a strange selection of them. Oddly lacking facebook and such). My GPS is working like a charm.

So there we go
    06-01-2011 06:25 PM
    Update has been working great for me since I pulled it in last night. My phone is running the best it has ever ran. To the people who cant get it to work without getting an error you can't be rooted or froze any bloatware and can not have any thing remaining from bootstrap. Best thing to do is sfb back then it should work. Did mine a few weeks ago.
    06-01-2011 06:52 PM
    Here in the Los Angeles area. I have not been able to pull the OTA yet. Anyone in area get it yet?
    pulled it down about 9:15pm Thurs. (OC)
    06-01-2011 07:13 PM
    Another issue: When connecting my BT headset, the Media Volume drops to 5/15.

Double checked it was full 15/15 just before the BT connection.

I raised the volume while on BT... disconnect... re-connect: back to 5/15.
    06-01-2011 07:23 PM
    Ok I got the update a while ago. After several days of fooling around with it..I have gone back to my LPP, clearing out my other Launchers.
    Issues I see or having:
    1. My circle arrow, never goes away.
    2. More bloatware why do I need or want Google Books (just an example)
    3. Gmail is slower, I get notifications much slower than previouse.
    4. The shading between un/read messages in Gmail is hardly noticeble, come on Light Grey or Lighter Grey!!!
    5. Battery life has gone to CRAP!!!
    6. I had to change some default issues, ie phone dialer, when someone calls it was on Repeat Caller ID
    7. Constant FB notifications on messages I have already dismissed.
    8. Speaker issue, lower call volume harder to hear ppl. When connected dock to premium speakers TONS of Distortion(sp) do not put volume on FULL ever

Yeah just give me back Froyo!!
    06-01-2011 08:06 PM
    After a few days with GB, the only real problem I've run into with my contacts.

I can only change a few fields when editing contacts; I no longer have access to fully array of details. I can't set custom ringtones by editing contacts. I can't edit birthdays. In fact, I don't see ringtones that have been assigned (via Ringdroid) or birthdays even listed when I edit contacts.
    06-01-2011 08:19 PM
    After a few days with GB, the only real problem I've run into with my contacts.

I can only change a few fields when editing contacts; I no longer have access to fully array of details. I can't set custom ringtones by editing contacts. I can't edit birthdays. In fact, I don't see ringtones that have been assigned (via Ringdroid) or birthdays even listed when I edit contacts.
    While having the contact open, hit your menu button and then options... They moved the ringtone setting there... It's kind of nice cause you can change ringtones without editing the contact.

I think birthdays might be a field from facebook? I don't remember editing birthdays in froyo either.
    WAldenIV likes this.
    06-01-2011 08:33 PM
    ok I waited for the update..it went fine...love it cept for 1 thing and i need help with it..the sync arrrow icon that would come up for gmail etc is stuck up on the notification bar. it looks like my gmail is syncing all the time, but it isnt. and i takes forever to sync gmail now.
    how do I get this to go away?
    06-01-2011 08:37 PM
    I just downloaded gingerbread. Took only about 10 minutes to install. So far just had to reset my apps to the icons on the dock. I do notice a little lower bars on my signal strength. Use to be 4 bars in my room, now down to 2. Haven't played around with everything yet, so not sure if any problems. I like the new look. LPP seems to be working fine. I'll be back to write more if I encounter any problems.
    06-01-2011 08:41 PM
    I downloaded and installed this morning. I didn't have to do much of anything to get my phone back to the way it was. It was already there. The only things I've noticed thus far is:

1) Battery has gotten worse. I have an extended battery and it used to go about 4 hours or so before it fell from 100% to 90%. Now it takes about an hour.
    2) Related to 1 I think. My display is showing that it's at 70% or higher on the battery meter. It never, EVER, got above 40% before the update. Something's not right.
    3) Oh, and the bottom lights below the screen won't come on even in a pretty dark room. I've heard it reacts to the light sensor now, but somehow that can't be true. Where is the light sensor anyway?
    06-01-2011 09:02 PM
    finished updating to gingerbread everything seems to be working fine, except a few hiccups on launcher pro..nothing a few battery pulls didnt solve. as for my tethering app, feels like it's gotten better been on a stable connection without any interruptions. currently using easy tether pro. I have noticed though battery seems to drain more rapidly and my led notification light isn't responding to missed calls or text messages ...
    06-01-2011 10:26 PM
    After the update installed, my device locked up. After trying a few trouble shooting measures, I found that it was my SD card. I have a Sandisk 8GB card. When I did a battery pull and removed the sd card, my device no. longer locked up. Has anyone else had this problem?
    06-01-2011 10:35 PM
    I've already searched the thread so I'm sorry if this has been discussed but...

My roommate just updated his phone with the OTA update tonight. Now whenever he boots the phone, it constantly soft boots to the point you can't do anything on it. I booted it into recovery to find the update.zip but it was gone. It seems to run fine until that Lookout security app loads then it breaks down. Anyone else experiencing this?

Coming from a Captivate user, my only idea would be to SBF to Froyo then try it again.
    06-01-2011 10:36 PM
342 ... 45678 ...